Subject: Differences in components between AH editions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Apia
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this has been asked before, I'm sorry, I couldn't find a thread with a quick forum search.

Are the components the same in AH 1st and 2nd editions, specifically the trade cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Albuquerque
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The components are the same, so far as I know. I've not noticed a difference when I've seen copies of both, but I've never compared them side by side. Neither set of trade cards, to my knowledge, matches the finish of the Advanced Civilization expansion, though there are enough cards that playability doesn't suffer unless your group has some diehard card counters. If that particular quirk really bothers you, your best best is to order a new set of both from Camelot Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apia
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mathes
Germany
Essen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
apia wrote:
If this has been asked before, I'm sorry, I couldn't find a thread with a quick forum search.

Are the components the same in AH 1st and 2nd editions, specifically the trade cards?

The three early editions of Civilization are very similar to each other.

I have played all of them . . . alas some years ago.

As far a I recall the only difference is the map-board:

Hartland and AH 1st edition have a thinner, one piece, clumsy to fold map-board in one piece and AH 2nd edition has the map-board in two parts on sturdy cardboard.

Hartland edition naturally has different backs for the trade cards.

All other parts for the AH editions - like counters, trading cards and civilization cards are the same - as far as I recall.

The western expansion map fits to all three editions. The extra trade cards only fit with the AH editions as the Hartland backs do not match . . . .

Ciao

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pentaclebreaker wrote:

Hartland and AH 1st edition have a thinner, one piece, clumsy to fold map-board in one piece and AH 2nd edition has the map-board in two parts on sturdy cardboard.

The Hartland edition I played came in 3 thick card panels the size of the box. They were not foldable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There were 2 styles of trade cards - one was unfinished matte on one side, the other was finished on both sides. The change did not occur at the same time as the box change. I have 2 2nd edition boxes with different styles of trade cards.

The cards finished on both sides are similar to the Advanced Civilization cards and the trade deck expansion (there are color differences).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.