Paul Tavener
United Kingdom
Waterlooville
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
665 The neighbour of the beast
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be lucky it’s a fairly old game, but there are 500+ owners here. The game is on my wish list so I’m not able to answer questions personally, although I am interested in finding out more...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. I went on consimworld to ask questions and have not received any response yet. I figured this game would have even less response from the BGG users.

Hopefully, there will be a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott McGinnis
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have not played in years. What's the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Watti wrote:

I have not played in years. What's the question.

Anyone here to answer questions?

Hello, Anyone active enough here to answer questions? I looked over the errata. Trying to figure out a few things with the game and have some questions. I am starting with the four-page intro scenario.

My first question is:

Does each MG platoon get three wire counters? Or is it 3 for all five counters total?

Which leads to my question which is: If it is three for all three counters? What are there three? Is the idea that ONE MG platoon gets all three around it? Or is it one for three different squads? If it is ONLY three for the entire French side, what is the logic behind this from a military perspective? Is that what would happen? Was wire too expensive to give each platoon enough wire to protect them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juha Helin
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raynovich wrote:
Does each MG platoon get three wire counters? Or is it 3 for all five counters total?

If I recall it right, I think you have 3 for each MG platoon.

raynovich wrote:
Which leads to my question which is: If it is three for all three counters? What are there three? Is the idea that ONE MG platoon gets all three around it? Or is it one for three different squads? If it is ONLY three for the entire French side, what is the logic behind this from a military perspective? Is that what would happen? Was wire too expensive to give each platoon enough wire to protect them?

Not understanding the question about the squads though but anyways... I guess the idea is to keep the enemy unwilling to move straight into the MG nest frontally - although it will go a long way covering major key locations on the map.

Wire is not a protection as such. Think the wire as a funneling tool, that encourages the enemy to take certain pathways instead of other, less favorable ones (from the defender point of view) - leading to preferably into heavy concentration of fire without easy rout path.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.