Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please keep this spoiler free!
I would like to know if someone finished this game already.
edit: "Played til the conclusion of your campaign story line"
If so:
1. How many heroes did you play and to what level?
2. How many heroes did you unlock?
3. Highest or lowest reputation you reached?
4. What was the prosperity level at the end?
5. Is there something to do after you finished it?
6. How many scenarios have you actually played? It seems like some of the scenarios are left out depending on your decisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Lord, I've put in about 20 hours so far, and I'm only up to scenario 3. Of course, I did play one side scenario. And scenario 1 in casual mode to grab a treasure I couldn't get on my first try in campaign mode.

I'm guessing I've got a good 200 to 300 hours of gaming to go, based on my current play style. Which is why I gave up trying to keep the game "reset ready". Now I'm just placing stickers on the map, will do so with the cards when it comes up, etc..

p.s. err...sorry for going off topic there. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
2. Seems like if you have some heroes left to unlock, you haven't finished playing it

By "finish", do you mean "have run out of campaign scenarios to play"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Heidelberg
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 5 scenarios in the main story line left to do, but this has been the case for 2 weeks now. I rushed through the campaign for 3 weeks straight after I received the game, but now I prefer to keep myself busy with side quests and casual mode replays, rather than finishing things quickly. There is just so much stuff still left to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Hatch
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer for me is no, but do you mean "Played all playable content" or "Played til the conclusion of your campaign story line"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
tricil wrote:
I have 5 scenarios in the main story line left to do, but this has been the case for 2 weeks now. I rushed through the campaign for 3 weeks straight after I received the game, but now I prefer to keep myself busy with side quests and casual mode replays, rather than finishing things quickly. There is just so much stuff still left to do.

I think it's funny how similar our Gloomhaven experiences have been.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a bit of a way to go yet, we start our campaign tonight in about 3 hours time......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just the main story line. Not every single mission of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mournful wrote:
tricil wrote:

This was my experience with Skyrim. I knew once I completed the main story arc I would lose some interest. So I did other quests for awhile. Sure enough when I finished the main line I stopped playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Moffett
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're 22 scenarios deep and I can see the end, but we're still not even close. The final conflict appears to be
hidden behind--
Spoiler (click to reveal)
a three part achievement which requires the fulfillment of three entire story threads, then you actually have to kill the end boss
--but there are so many side threads, side one-off scenarios and other distractions (like Isaac's recently unveiled solo experiences for individual characters) and some other stuff from the unlockable
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Town Records book
and you have more content than you can shake a stick at. I guess if you rushed the final conflict you could get it over with relatively (emphasis on the relative) quickly, but why do that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Love
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, "who finished it?"

I have.

I quested all quests, side quests, alternate quests, branching quests, even mild shrubbery quests. And stopped to pick some daisies, too. A couple of times. Because I liked it.

I have noviced, apprenticed, journeymanned (and journeywomaned), retired, came out of retirement, re-retired, signed up for Obamacaide before the republicans repeal it, decided to scrap that and expat to Peru, but not before going on one last quest to end all quests, then retiring and setting up two more sequels like Stallone's Expendables . Terry Crews even showed up. Love that guy.

I have loved and lost. Liked and stayed. And some other stuff that I will take to my grave.

I have journeyed, sojourned, and Sougorney Weavered.

I have earned untold riches, because I don't want the IRS on my ass.
Good enough for the Pres., good enough for me.

I have made friends, comrades, sisters, brothers, mothers, dad's, and a few odd uncles along the way. And got a fish. One of them free ones you get for winning a carnival ring toss. Still have it. Son of a bitch won't die. Really, I'm about to put him in a microwave. Tried to flush him down the toilet. That just led to another quest in the sewers. Remember those urban legends about alligators in the sewers?

Spoiler :

They're F-ing true.

Thanks for that, Isaac Childres, yes, thank you for designing that in, you butthole.

I have spread my seed across the land.

No, really, I carry tree seeds with me, we need more trees. Look around people, save the damn earth already. Solar, my ass, the tax credits don't work out.

I have built kingdoms and razed them. And I got a nice lean-to in the backyard, too. And an old Ford F-100 short bed in the side yard.

I have rented movies and not returned them to Red Box. Screw you, Red Box, you're not the boss of me.

But then my wife yelled at me and I promptly returned them.

And then I came back home and took out the trash (and NO, not just because she told me to). It was getting kind of full.

Thanks again for that, Isaac. Now she's going to expect that everytime.

Butthole.

I have mastered every weapon but still spend countless hours trying to find the TV remote.

Thanks for that, too, Isaac.

Butthole.

I have sunk to new heights, all because of this game.

Thank you Isaac, I feel like after all this time we have grown so close, I will call you Izzy.

Isty, I say with all sincerity, what you have accomplished with the incredible effort, time, love, money, and your soul, into creating and supporting and sustaining GLOOMHAVEN, this should be the standard for other game makers to follow. It is no small feat. Inspiring and humbling.

So, maybe some day I'll get the game.

Seriously, I don't have the game, but from what every one says, you did a hell of a job.

I've been too busy with the upkeep on the backyard lean-to. And that fish.
I hate that damn fish. I'm thinking about setting up my own ring toss in the front yard and pass it off. Only my wife won't let me play in the front yard. Insty, can I come over to your house?

Keep up the good work.

You butthole.

Yours truly,

Dr. Love

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GG for you for making me laugh, snarf, snort and chortle. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Love
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't believe I will ever be able to forgive Mr. Childres for coming up with the 'taking out the trash' scenario.'

I had to do it again when I got up this morning.

That thing must keep getting filled by magic.

Well played by you Mr. Childres, well played.

You butthole.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Love
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Tell all your friends, I finished it.

Yep.

Your move, Mr.Childres.

If that is indeed your real name.

I bet it's really Mr. Gamey McGamey-pants.

Now I have to go do yard work (NO, not because my wife told me to, because I want to)

Thanks for that, too, Isaac.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoff Lag
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mournful wrote:
tricil wrote:

Ditto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.