Subject: First 6 plays rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse F
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
As the thread title says I've played the game six times since purchasing it. I've played the Alien scenario three times and the Aliens scenario three times as well, all solo dual hand. So far I am 2 for 3 on Alien, and 2 for 3 on Aliens. My first loss came on my very first game when I was still getting used to the mechanics (i'm pretty new to deck builders other than a handful of games of Dominion). My second loss was the first time i played the Aliens scenario and I had accidentally not included the Hudson cards in the barracks.

I'm almost positive i'm playing everything correctly and I'm even using the expansion drone rules which in theory should make the game harder. Anyone else getting this kind of success or am I just really lucky?

On a side note I'd like to say that I'm really enjoying the game. Dominion had left me with a pretty negative view of deck builders but this game is fantastic. My gripe with Dominion is that the theme is completely irrelevant and tacked on. I never once felt like i was actually building up my "dominion". It's all just a numbers card game with pretty pictures on the cards. Not so for LE:Alien. The mechanics and scenarios do a wonderful job of capturing the tension of the films.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normal 1 or 2-player game is easy. I recommend getting an expansion (there are more options for tweaking the game for more diffculty), or just try to start the game with more basic cards in your deck. +2 Grunts and +3 sergants in your starting deck will make the game considerably more difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Brechtel
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
1 or 2 player can be easy. We play strike before action phase. It makes sense. Or why should i try to stop the xenomorphs entering the combat zone.... And, of course, it is more difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse F
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Azikin wrote:
Normal 1 or 2-player game is easy. I recommend getting an expansion (there are more options for tweaking the game for more diffculty), or just try to start the game with more basic cards in your deck. +2 Grunts and +3 sergants in your starting deck will make the game considerably more difficult.

I was under the impression the new drone rules from the expansion would toughen it up enough to where I was losing more often than winning but i guess 1-2 player is still fairly easy. I'll play a handful more games and see how I do. If I'm still winning I'll start making adjustments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try playing with 3 hands -- that's the only way I play now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LAKingsGeek wrote:
Azikin wrote:

I was under the impression the new drone rules from the expansion would toughen it up enough to where I was losing more often than winning but i guess 1-2 player is still fairly easy. I'll play a handful more games and see how I do. If I'm still winning I'll start making adjustments.

New drones are a bit more difficult but to add more difficulty, the expansion brings soldier cards that can be added instead of drones. There are really many more possibilities to increase difficulty with the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse F
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Good news. Since my last post I am 0 for 3 on the Alien scenario. I guess my good luck has run out. I'm glad I can postpone tweaking the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.