Islebound» Forums » General

Subject: Some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
I played Islebound for the first time a few days ago, 3 players. I borrowed a copy and taught it to myself and two other beginners, so I may have missed some things. Anyway, here are my questions:
- A building costs N coins + R resources and rewards its builder with a special ability and N points. I can also forgo the N coins cost by going to Static. Since N coins are also N points at the end of the game, unless the building is powerful enough to cover its cost in resources I did not feel enticed to build many buildings outside of going to Static. Did I understand something wrong ?
- Taking ownership of a city (by brute force or diplomacy) of value N will grant you, beside ownership of the city and a free visit, N coins. Again, anything wrong ?

The main reasons behind these questions are that, first, since I did not feel very much the need to build buildings (beside going to Static), the game dragged on for a long time, and second, since we took cities right and left, we were flooding in coins and one player actually had to take 7 points tokens instead of coins at some point because there were none remaining. These two things felt wrong to me. If that's how the game is, then so be it, but I'm wondering if I got something wrong maybe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what you missed. If you buy a building, you pay only the coin cost, no resources. The resources are used only at Stratic (?) to "build" a building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
Indeed that should change things quite a lot. This also "solves" the money problem, since it gives a use to all this money. Might as well use it to get special abilities.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.