Subject: Idea think tank for location cards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
So I've been thinking of ideas for location cards. Figured i'd share them and see what folks though, and if they had any ideas of their own. We could probably get some nice locations to shuffle into the mix, whether it be by making actual cards or doing a variant were you shuffle a nemesis lair (of an unused enemy) as a proxy.

Some ideas i had were:
Lair of a great beast -
A neutral effect were when you kill an enemy, you can push your luck to have any other creature take damage. This would take the form of a couple dice being rolled to deal damage (including criticals)
3 enemy dice would be rolled and any hits would inflict 1 damage or an action exhaust.

Outpost under seige
You stumble upon an outpost of a neutral part, though they cannot distinguish you from the monsters. Roll 1 dice for each party member. Place 5 support tokens through the aid action on this location to help them fight off their attackers. If you do this, the party collectively draws 2 gear cards.

Tight quarters If party member is engaged to 2 or more enemies, exhaust an action.

Den of Thieves The party with the most loot receives a dice roll or exhausting of 1 action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Petit
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice go for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, this and your NPC idea could certainly breath new life into the core adventures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I was thinking that perhaps the goal behind these new locations could be to work towards expanding upon the risk management.

Locations with multiple effects based on the dice roll could be interesting. Not like "if you roll claw, receive sickened" but having 2 or 3 different effects that could occur based on a dice roll.

One example could be:
Shifting Forest:
Roll the enemy dice activate, the roll determines the effect:
1) Restrict any Explore actions for a turn
2) Restrict any Aid actions for a turn (place 1 support token to indicate this effect is taking place)
3) Restrict any 'Refresh' actions for the round.

Might be a bad example, though giving players more things to plan ahead for might make for some interesting times. Might be a little too much though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Thought I'd share some WIP

I've currently got the ideas for 21 cards lined up, as well as the art for the cards. I've just got a document to write all of the flavor text, abilities and deciding how to allocate spawns, exploration requirements.

From what i've seen from the cards of the base game i've thought of this pt system for card distribution.
1 16pts, 2 15 pts, 3 14 pts /tier 3
1 14pts, 2 13 pts, 3 12 pts, 1 11 pts / tier 2
1 13 pts, 1 12 pts, 3 11 pts, 2 10 pts, 2 9 pts/ tier 1

Each point is spent on spawns,location exploration requirements. The more points something has, the more lenient the location effect. I figure it's about 2 points for a 'bad effect' and 3 for a 'real bad effect' otherwise a good effect (like the gold mine, treasure rooms, etc.) are worth about 3 points worth of baddies to balance them out.

I've decided to match the amount of cards of the base game so the balance isn't thrown out of wack. Could also be nice for those who want to just print them out on papers and slip them into sleeves.

Anywho's heres watchtower:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.