Subject: Think Tank for NPC cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Had some ideas for NPCs to potentially shuffle into the enemy deck.
What you'd have is a deck of 10-12 npcs or so and you'd shuffle 1 to 3 of them into the enemy deck (maybe shuffle them take 3, shuffle them into the enemy deck and take 3 cards out...?)

Thought this might liven things up a bit, along with new locations.
Some ideas i had were....

Warriors: if you reveal, support once and they join that player as an aid.
Explorers: If you reveal without attacking trade 1 gear card for one from the deck
Priest: same idea as warrior but you get a small healing buff.

Turnstyle had a cool system in his Desolate north quest. Was thinking something along this line, though adding a potential to have the NPC's attack you if you do too much damage to them (if you accidently attack)
Otherwise if you spent support tokens on them you might be able to calm them down, to work alongside you. They could dissapear by the next location if you hadn't 'recruited' them.

Setting a priority for them to attack could be cool, say they had personalities were one might choose to attack 'greenskins' over 'creatures' or whether they might go for the 'biggest baddie'
just some thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Petit
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like this idea a lot, might work on it if you give me permission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
No problem with it at all
I had some ideas that i might try to formulate for this thread.

Basically some ideas for npc's, with variants of each (to portray little nuances in personality and trip up the player a bit)

Examples might include:
Explorer: Has loot that he can trade, activates the weakest enemy (always activates before players)
Merchant Caravan: Has loot that he can trade, If you attack them, they'll behave as enemies until you support them enough.
Warrior *more mellow dude*:
*If player activates w/o attacking* add them to that player and have them leave the party once the room is cleared, unless 3 support tokens are given.
Warrior *more erratic dude* If activated w/o attack, he requires 2 tokens to fight along side you. If activated with attack, he becomes an enemy and you can't calm him down (which you would through support tokens.

Basically just need to figure out some clean AI logic for them. Solving:
What they do when you activate them (whether from shadows, attacked in shadows or if they spawn in the room)
How they attack enemies.
How enemies attack them.

I think it would be simple enough, will try to hash this out in my head later. Anyone who thinks of something, don't hesitate to work out a system of your own or expand upon what i write down.

Other ideas could include neutral cave dwelling creatures that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Marjoribanks
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
I love that people are exploring the vast potential design space in this game. It kind of feels like lessons from Arkham Horror will be applicable to some extent as this was clearly its precursor in many ways. I am so glad that people are keeping this game alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.