Capt. Winters
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just to inform AG has just put this one out on their website. Looks great, a short 4 Round, 4 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eran b. sondervan
Israel
Kedomim
NA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sonde wrote:
Link?

Believe you have to log into the site to get to the downloads, but it's here:

https://academygames.com/images/pdfs/coh/guadalcanal/armyexp...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to have a firefight without hidden units, so it can be played solo in the end... for once.

It baffles me that AG after their revolutionary SOLO Eastern Front expansion came up with a CoH game ... that negated solo play almost completely (even 2 sided) by extreme use of hidden deployment in the majority of firefights...

Everyone and his pet agrees that the CoH ATB solo expansion was quite a revolution in the boardgame world... in 2015.

NOT following up on this success and rare solo Cult expansion is incredible in these days of marketing things that are HOT.

It doesn't take a genius to see that IF they had made this expansion solo friendly too, it would have given them the solo wargame market on a plate.

As it stands now they simply LACK the commercial strategic insights of what they could have accomplished.

EVERY effort should be made to launch the solo expansion for this theater of War and each resource should simply be diverted to it.

I simply do not understand this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Leis
United States
Merino
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I spent 100 GG and all I got was this stupid overtext.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben_Bos wrote:
Nice to have a firefight without hidden units, so it can be played solo in the end... for once.

It baffles me that AG after their revolutionary SOLO Eastern Front expansion came up with a CoH game ... that negated solo play almost completely (even 2 sided) by extreme use of hidden deployment in the majority of firefights...

Everyone and his pet agrees that the CoH ATB solo expansion was quite a revolution in the boardgame world... in 2015.

NOT following up on this success and rare solo Cult expansion is incredible in these days of marketing things that are HOT.

It doesn't take a genius to see that IF they had made this expansion solo friendly too, it would have given them the solo wargame market on a plate.

As it stands now they simply LACK the commercial strategic insights of what they could have accomplished.

EVERY effort should be made to launch the solo expansion for this theater of War and each resource should simply be diverted to it.

I simply do not understand this.

While I certainly agree with you that the solo expansion for CoH Eastern Front is great and I definitely want one for Guadalcanal; I think you are grossly overestimating the size of the "solo wargame" market.

Wargames are a niche genre inside of an already niche hobby and solo wargaming is a further subset of wargamers (I know many that enjoy playing solo, but I know at least as many wargamers who despise basically all forms of it that are not on a computer).

I simply think they have more money to be made with other projects right now and while they'll eventually get around to making more solo expansions I seriously doubt the financial gains from the first one were anywhere near enough to prod Academy to move any faster than their typical, glacial pace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wouldn't it be true that the Lock and Load series is much more accessible as a solo system? It has way more games from every theatre of World War II then Vietnam and modern conflicts. The upcoming solo component is supposed to work with every Lock and Load tactical game. How can Academy even compare? I have COH ATB, Solo Expansion, Firefighter Generator and Guadalcanal. I bought them before I knew much about LnL and before LnL started reprinting their older games. Academy doesn't seem to be able to churn out products very often. And their Solo Expansion doesn't fit their other products. So, in the future I'll have to buy a solo expansion for Guadalcanal. I wonder if the Lock and Load series is better. Especially since I play only solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.