Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kiefer Shipman
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I keep seeing ads for the Awesome Pack subscription service. It seems iffy. Anyone hear anything about it? Is it worth it, or should I just forget about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Meowcows wrote:
I keep seeing ads for the Awesome Pack subscription service. It seems iffy. Anyone hear anything about it? Is it worth it, or should I just forget about it?

Keep your money for games you really want?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Portage
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a naysayer. I see people reject the board gaming hobby because they only try games less than perfect for them. So paying for games that might not be a hit I see as detrimental.

But if your open to everything and you want to buy products with an added sense of adventure this seems fine. They appear to give you your money's worth if you like it all, though if getting a bang for your buck is your goal there are better ways.
I had a friend who did lootbox for a bit, its really that present excitement thats the draw. If thats worth buying to you then enjoy. I get far more from buying used games so I'm clearly not the target market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiefer Shipman
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
mafman6 wrote:
I'm a naysayer. I see people reject the board gaming hobby because they only try games less than perfect for them. So paying for games that might not be a hit I see as detrimental.

But if your open to everything and you want to buy products with an added sense of adventure this seems fine. They appear to give you your money's worth if you like it all, though if getting a bang for your buck is your goal there are better ways.
I had a friend who did lootbox for a bit, its really that present excitement thats the draw. If thats worth buying to you then enjoy. I get far more from buying used games so I'm clearly not the target market.

I buy what I want, but sometimes I want to discover something new. So that's more what I'm wondering

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cris jesse
United States
st helens
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've posted this elsewhere on bgg, but don't want anyone to go unwarned. Stay away from them...

We tried Awesome Pack for a few months, and we got 2 or 3 items we were really happy about. But the entire experience was really a disaster and we will NEVER give them another penny.

Customer service was great and very responsive, until we had an actual problem. Two months in a row our box never even arrived, and there was no communication from them. When we did reach out to them they didn't make any offer to make it right, just told us that it would be coming. It was a couple weeks into the next month before our boxes arrived. Had we not contacted them I don't know that it would have ever arrived... good thing it wasn't a gift to someone who didn't know what was going on.

At $55 after shipping (paying EXTRA for our 3rd kid), we were furious. The only time we did finally get responses from customer service was the times when we said we wanted a refund. Then all of a sudden the weeks of no response turned into a response within hours.

The last box had a "goodie" that was just a wind up muscleman doing pushups. I could only find it online from gag gift stores in the UK. Felt like it was a slap in the face for complaining about their garbage service.

Other than 2-3 good items (which we could have just purchased outright ourselves) the "Awesome" Pack was an awful experience, waste of money, and just felt like someone grab-bagged from Walmart/DollarTree and threw in an old unused item from a gamestore shelf.

Stay away from them, or you'll regret it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiefer Shipman
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
There's also board game bento. I haven't heard anything about them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat L
United States
flag msg tools
I know this is a very late reply, but in an effort to warn other people, I have the following message regarding Awesome Pack:

I'd like to add a warning to any new customers who are thinking about purchasing this box: This company is no longer running. The customer service has not replied to me inquiries, their Facebook page hasn't been updated, and boxes have stopped. I purchased a two month subscription for family and they recieved the first box fine (in December) but since then there have been no communications or updates and the second box (set for January) is still "pending" and has yet to arrive. I've sent multiple e-mails to them and their Facebook and have yet to hear a reply. I was charged for two months and I have little hope that the money will be returned to me. So in an effort to help other people not lose their money, I wanted to post an updated review (which wasn't paid for - most of the good reviews you see are from people that were either paid or gifted boxes, no people with real, active subscriptions). They also will not delete your account information so they have your credit card information forever. I will have to cancel my credit card and get a new one because I don't trust the company not to use or sell my information. So again, I cannot warn enough again this company.

Address: 13820 NE Airport Way Suite K28911 Portland Oregon 97230

awesome@awesomepack.com
mail60.suw13.rsgsv.net
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiefer Shipman
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Cat650 wrote:
I know this is a very late reply, but in an effort to warn other people, I have the following message regarding Awesome Pack:

I'd like to add a warning to any new customers who are thinking about purchasing this box: This company is no longer running. The customer service has not replied to me inquiries, their Facebook page hasn't been updated, and boxes have stopped. I purchased a two month subscription for family and they recieved the first box fine (in December) but since then there have been no communications or updates and the second box (set for January) is still "pending" and has yet to arrive. I've sent multiple e-mails to them and their Facebook and have yet to hear a reply. I was charged for two months and I have little hope that the money will be returned to me. So in an effort to help other people not lose their money, I wanted to post an updated review (which wasn't paid for - most of the good reviews you see are from people that were either paid or gifted boxes, no people with real, active subscriptions). They also will not delete your account information so they have your credit card information forever. I will have to cancel my credit card and get a new one because I don't trust the company not to use or sell my information. So again, I cannot warn enough again this company.

Address: 13820 NE Airport Way Suite K28911 Portland Oregon 97230

awesome@awesomepack.com
mail60.suw13.rsgsv.net

This is VERY important information. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin June
msg tools
I just cancelled my 3 month subscription with Awesome Pack. I ordered in November 2017, just in time for the Christmas delivery. January's box was delayed in shipping so I ended up having to email the company. You are supposed to be able to customize what comes in your pack after each delivery but I never did figure out how to do that. Plus, because the pack was so late they had already started filling the next month's order. February has now come and gone and I am, again, waiting for the pack. Meanwhile I have received an email stating that the March order is being filled. Wait, what? March? I ordered a 3 month subscription (Dec, Jan, Feb) so they went ahead and charged my credit card for another month. Sneaky. I fired off an email and they will be refund the charge and I will notice the refund in 6-8 weeks!!! Never again. I did enjoy what was sent to our family of 5, for the most part, in our awesome pack. There were a couple of small things that were passed over by my little kids but we got a cool couple of games called Codenames Duet and Gyrating Hamsters. They were good and I would never have picked them for myself. I hope my February box has a good game in it to make the really long wait worthwhile. Next time I want a board game I am going to go to my local gaming store and support a friend's business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to Discussing Retailers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Tierney
Canada
flag msg tools
I have done two Awesome Pack video reviews...and was severely disappointed. Lots of kid figurines and games I'm not interested in. My advice is to try and customize your first box as best you can and see what you get, if you seem disappointed like I was, then cancel. It's not worth going back to with the hopes that you're going to get something tailored to you. You're better off going to the Bento Box where at least there's a theme-sure it might be more expensive, but the games my wife and I got from even our first Bento, are still played frequently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Tierney
Canada
flag msg tools
My wife and I have done 2 Board Game Bento review videos and have been pleasantly surprised with the results. We have tackled the Brain Thinkers theme and the Pop culture theme and have received games we play continuously to this day.
It averages about 85-90$/pack after shipping (depending on if you're Canada or US-I'm in Canada).
While everyone may get the same items in their packs-unconfirmed-at least you're getting higher quality board games, and not wasting money and space on figurines and children's games (if that isn't of interest).
My advice with Board Game Bento is to find a month that peaks your interest, as they have great descriptions for their themes, and look back at their past boxes to see what themes they're tackling and go from there.
An informed choice is always better than a whim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A W
United States
HENDERSONVILLE
NC
flag msg tools
I know this thread is from last year, but here's what my experience with AwesomePack has been like.

I have received absolutely nothing from them. I was charged for two months, February and March, and I have nothing to show for it.

I have contacted AwesomePack multiple times. I've contacted them through their contact form, through their email, and through their parent company. The first box I have a tracking number for, but this apparently because AwesomePack generated a label and never actually shipped anything. It says pre-shipment and has said that for over a month.

You cannot post on their Facebook page to get any sort of response or start any discussion with anyone else subscribing to AwesomePack.

Basically, I've had a hundred dollars poofed out of my possession with nothing to show for it.

From what I gather, I think Awesome Pack is a side project between a brother and sister in Canada. The brother, Chris, has some sort of IT company, Purebackend. When I used the contact form on Purebackend's site, I likewise got no response. http://www.purebackend.com/

The website now says, "Sorry, we're out of stock." They have sent absolutely zero emails, letters, fliers, or carrier pigeons about the status of AwesomePack nor have they issued me a refund for the money I have paid so far.

AwesomePack would have to send me an apology letter and a box of games and stuff worth at least two-hundred dollars to make this ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.