Subject: Unpunched counter sheet scans? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Williams
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
So, I recently picked up both panzer leader and panzer blitz. And it's annoying as heck, because panzer leader only has 240 (out of 384) counters in its box, and panzer blitz has 487 (out of 352) counters in ITS box. So obviously, some counters are in the wrong boxes, and if I am lucky, I am only missing 9 total counters between the 2 games. However, I need to find scanned unpunched counter sheets, to tediously match everything up.

Anyone have scans of the sheets from Panzer Leader available? I checked the files and forums here, and didn't see them. Supposedly there WERE scans at isimulacrum website, but the links are dead.

Any help appreciated! Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Jornet
Spain
Valencia
Comunidad Valenciana
flag msg tools
The sword is the mind. If the mind is right, the sword is right.
mb
Check the pictures gallery. They are there.

Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools

Sorry to hear you're missing counters.

You can find loads of print and play counters here: http://www.imaginative-strategist.layfigures.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Williams
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks, I missed that somehow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Williams
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the help folks. I found the images I needed, with your help, and finally sorted everything out, and the final count is - Panzer Leader is "missing" the 7 blank tiles (who cares, right?) and Panzer blitz is missing 2 actual counters - 1 of the white "X" pieces, and #142 - a german rifle. I think I can get those replaced fairly easily... feeling much better now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools
SteamandLight wrote:
Thanks for all the help folks. I found the images I needed, with your help, and finally sorted everything out, and the final count is - Panzer Leader is "missing" the 7 blank tiles (who cares, right?) and Panzer blitz is missing 2 actual counters - 1 of the white "X" pieces, and #142 - a german rifle. I think I can get those replaced fairly easily... feeling much better now!

I suspect if you post a note in the PanzerBlitz forum, someone might find you a spare German rifle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently checked the scanned counter sheets on here and I think they may be misleading.
They are not from the 80s version of the game and do not show the blanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Hernandez
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokerman wrote:
Recently checked the scanned counter sheets on here and I think they may be misleading.
They are not from the 80s version of the game and do not show the blanks.

Really? At the very end of the Images section I found four counter sheet scans covering 3/4 of the actual counter sheets from the game (the Allied armor portion was the duplicate), and that accounts for four blanks. On the page before that is a lesser-quality scan of the Allied infantry portion, which has the other three blanks. This is labeled, "Finally... the last portion of the counters sheet."

The most recent uploads are a variant design for the counters and includes a number of extras; those are indeed not the original counters. But the original counters are in the Images section, as I described them.

Panzer Leader came out in 1974 (I bought my first copy of it at Origins I the next year), and the counter sheets never changed through subsequent printings. There was only the single edition, though there were numerous variants in The General and one official expansion, Panzer Leader 1940.

The blanks were always inexplicable to me. For instance, we could have had a counter for the M26 Pershing (present at Remagen) and three of a counter type not adequately provided for (see scenario 5, for example). The M12 GMC would have been another worthy candidate, or the Staghound, or even the Tetrarch. On the German side there could have been two more of the Wehrmacht panzers, for the same reason, or the SdKfz 234/3, especially given that the 234/4 did not appear, even for field trials, before 1945.

Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.