First Class» Forums » General

Subject: High scores rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Tref
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this game two times with four players now (A+B). I won both times , once with 160 and the other with 161 vp's. I was wondering if this is high or low to your experience. So what are your highest scores?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Diebold
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There is room for more

Enjoy the game.

Cheers, HIG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjun Sukumaran
India
Chennai
Tamil Nadu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My personal best is 161 as well (B & E). The current high score in our group is 171 (A & B).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Our top score from 5 games was 173 (modules C/D, four player game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My high score is 217 (with modules A&B). That was good enough for 2nd place to a 1st place score of 238.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jano Luzny
Czech Republic
Velké Přílepy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played 4 games. Winning scores were:
146 (A+B)
163 (A+D)
161 (A+B)
200 (A+D)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal U
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Highest with A+B was 245:243:198, but after the game we have found out that all of us have cheated*. Not sure how much did it impact the final score.

*We were putting the 2x postcard under the Paris starting railway station. Netting about 4-6 extra coins to each players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Vos
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished a 2-player game on yucata (A+B) and scored 259. Curious to see how much higher is possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Einsielder
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4 Player game, modules A+B, score: 267

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seisyll W.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three player, modules A + B + Teatime. 297.
http://www.yucata.de/en/Game/FirstClass/7497019

Teatime seems to open things up. It's certainly possible to break 300! Not sure about 350.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe they let you get all the contracts that combo off more contracts that game wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Einsielder
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frotes wrote:
I can't believe they let you get all the contracts that combo off more contracts that game wow

High scores do not show too much that you did very well but more that you played against weak opponents...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seisyll W.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right - for sure - please just treat it like a solo game. I think the value in this thread could be to determine the upper limit of the scoring range. If Teatime has the possibility to get us into the 300+ range in perfect conditions (which I believe is probably not possible in A + B in perfect conditions, for example, but we _will_ see about that) then we know that the Teatime tiles are a significant addition.

The downside of this thread is that it comes off as bragging - so to mitigate that perhaps it will be comforting to know that one of my games is about to end with me having a score of 62 or so. Demolished! So rest assured that you are probably better than I am.

I would love to see more high scores posted here, though, especially if they are on Yucata - I personally find it fun to backwards engineer how the score was achieved - and hope others may discover new avenues in this one-of-a-kind treasure among games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Dorward
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get the impression that scores will be lower if you're playing against alert opponents. I usually get about 160 or so, which I think could be better, but managed 219 against someone who let me snag a massive number of conductor cards + endgame cards (7 x 21 points). I truly lucked out with the replenishment of the 4 endgame cards which turned up a lot of conductor bonuses. -- I have no idea how you could get 300 points versus players who are actually competent, though. My impression is that very good players will get about 170-190 points in this game usually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Fetiveau
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I scored 351 yesterday against 2 opponents. We were playing with modules B and E. On the last round, I scored 101 points, including 26 for switches/mechanics (cannot remember which is which), 48 worth of 12pt-cars... Both my conductors reached the end of their trains and I reached Constantinople first too. Did not score much with end-game cards as I only got 4 cards that could score something with end game cards. Almost a perfect game, although that's what I thought when I scored 297 on my previous game. The way I see it, I get a lot of momentum by getting my postal cars early, my locomotives early and also lots of end of round bonuses from the track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roswell wrote:
I scored 351 yesterday against 2 opponents. We were playing with modules B and E. On the last round, I scored 101 points, including 26 for switches/mechanics (cannot remember which is which), 48 worth of 12pt-cars... Both my conductors reached the end of their trains and I reached Constantinople first too. Did not score much with end-game cards as I only got 4 cards that could score something with end game cards. Almost a perfect game, although that's what I thought when I scored 297 on my previous game. The way I see it, I get a lot of momentum by getting my postal cars early, my locomotives early and also lots of end of round bonuses from the track.

But how experienced were your opponents? It sounds like you had an easy ride.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Fetiveau
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correction: we got it wrong and did the end of round scoring 6 times instead of 3. My apologies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R G
msg tools
Does anyone know if there's a way to dig through Yucata's archives for high scores? I just got 299 points playing against a friend who is still learning the game. Modules A+B, no Teatime. I gave the Game End strategy a shot. Ended up with 10 conductors and 6 conductor Game End cards (21 points per conductor). Weird game, wouldn't try it again, but I think that score will forever be my personal best!

http://www.yucata.de/en/Game/FirstClass/7703085

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seisyll W.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - that's very impressive! And very rare to get 21 points worth of conductor game end cards! It's great to know that this kind of point range is within reach outside of Teatime. And having three coins left over means 300+ scores are absolutely possible with Teatime.

Thanks for linking the game - I enjoy looking over these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R G
msg tools
Some of it absolutely comes down to luck (in addition to my opponent not catching on). For instance, IIRC, two of the four "leftover" cards in deck 3 were conductors. If I'd been able to grab another conductor in round 6, instead of a passenger, that would have brought me to 308 points total. Breaking 300 would be awesome. I'm tempted to try it again, but I know I'd most likely get slaughtered, or at least not nearly as lucky!

(Quick note -- my opponent had 3 coins left over, but I used all mine on Game End cards.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
On my second game, I won with the final scores looking like:

Note that green is 51 points behind. The next game we played (also three players) found green winning around the same region with me (red) 50 points behind the other two. I'm wondering if this is going to be a running theme. At least on our first game (with four players), the two leaders were only about 10-15 points ahead of the two stragglers. Though that may have been a one-off, given even the leaders were a few points shy of 150.

Our first game was with Contracts+Celebrities/Postcards, second with Contracts+First Class Murder and third was with Switches/Mechanics+Passengers/Luggage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.