Hide
12 Posts

5-Minute Dungeon» Forums » General

Subject: sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chan Yung
msg tools
Anyone has perfect solution for the sleeves?
I found that sleeves longer than 89mm don't fit.
Also I want to use thick sleeves but there are not enough space.
I don't want to use Mayday thin sleeves because they stick each other after a few games.
I am considering cutting the insert to make it bigger...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Allen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sawn panasia 60 x 90 mm fits nicely and goes into inserts perfectly fine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg, are you using premium sleeves or thin sleeves?

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Devlin
msg tools
mbmbmb
I just ordered 6 packs of BCW 58 x 89 sleeves (http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/board-game-sleeves-58x89). I'll post after I receive them and try them out.

Has anyone tried Ultra-Pro Small sleeves. They are 62x89, but I thought they would still be too "wiggly" in the sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Villarreal
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As expected, my go to brand Ultra Pro has the sleeves I need. Standard American (56x87) are a fantastic fit. Not too tight, not too loose, perhaps a tiny bit too much plastic on top for some, but they fit just fine in the box as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Devlin
msg tools
mbmbmb
I wish I had seen this sooner. I got impatient waiting for my BCW sleeves to show in the mail and I think Bears vs Babies are going to be the same size cards. I stopped at a local game store that I had forgotten about and picked up some Fantasy Flight Supply Standard American Board Game Size (57x89). Fit great on the width, but there is too much material on the top, so they no longer fit in the box. I may have to order the Ultra Pro. Hopefully the shop will take back the FF sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Reid
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
yung904 wrote:
Anyone has perfect solution for the sleeves?
I found that sleeves longer than 89mm don't fit.
Also I want to use thick sleeves but there are not enough space.
I don't want to use Mayday thin sleeves because they stick each other after a few games.
I am considering cutting the insert to make it bigger...

The sleeves we used in the office were BCW 58 x 89mm. I know the BCW sleeves fit in the tray, but you're right that anything larger than 89mm probably won't fit.

GeoGriffin wrote:
I just ordered 6 packs of BCW 58 x 89 sleeves (http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/board-game-sleeves-58x89). I'll post after I receive them and try them out.

Has anyone tried Ultra-Pro Small sleeves. They are 62x89, but I thought they would still be too "wiggly" in the sleeves.

The BCW sleeves will work for sure, we never tried the Ultra-Pro Small sleeves, but I expect that they would too "wiggly".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Lindsay
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Does Yung904 mean it wont fit in the box?

I tried Standard cards and the excess spacing is too much.

The Ultra pro smalls were a mm or so too small. It would more than likely end up damaging later on due to shuffling. I find it strange it didnt fit all the way in but it's what I experienced using a borrowed sleeve from LGS. My thought (though I want the UP's for color coordination) is to get the FFGs and slice it to proper size. I just cant see spending $10 on shipping for the sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect that Mayday premium chimera are the right size for the cards and box. Anyone else tried those?

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For reference :-

Sleeved with BCW 58x89 (http://www.bcwsupplies.com/board-game-sleeves-58x89)

While the cards fit into the slots in the box just fine, the thickness of the sleeves means I can only store the player cards in the slots. The door cards need to go in the large compartment at the back of the box (under the boss boards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Lindsay
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Today I found some more information.

1. You definitely do NOT want to use regular cards.
2. Yu-Gi-Oh cards sleeves / Japanese sleeves work but you risk damaging the care cards.
3. After measuring with the manager of my LGS, Ultra Pro Standard Americans fit.
Below are the stats from thier site:

Set: UltraPro
Category: Board Game Sleeves
Size: Standard American and 56x87mm
Count: 50
Publisher: UltraPro
SKU: UPR82914
UPC: 074427829148

Here are photos for reference:

Sleeve

Box with Baby Barbarian

Excess card storage with barbarian included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She's such a Geek
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So 6 packs of 50 should do? I'm not at home by my games but I'd like to stop by my local store and grab some sleeves on my way home

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.