Conan» Forums » General

Subject: KS Exclusives worth price rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Meleti
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
Are the KS versions selling easily for around $400USD really worth the value (with the KS addons)?

Are their value just exclusivity? I'm thinking perhaps I might get better value with the difference vs retail version to buy other games instead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own retail version. After 10 plays (8 times scenario 1, rest scenario #2), always as overlord - i am not bored, i want more! Even first scenario which i played so many times, always as overlord. Replayability in my opinion is huge in retail version. Exclusives or more content is always nice, but you can get away without it (at least in my case). It is worth noting i am often playing some game 2-4 times and get bored of it. Conan is one of not many exceptions. So if you are looking for cool game with nice minis and replayability - retail will be enough. If you are completionist... well... you know what to do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mlai00 Mlai00
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
misioooo wrote:
I own retail version. After 10 plays (8 times scenario 1, rest scenario #2), always as overlord - i am not bored, i want more! It is worth noting i am often playing some game 2-4 times and get bored of it. Conan is one of not many exceptions.

You wrote that intending to say that KS add-ons are not needed. But it sounds to me like it achieves the opposite effect.

If retail alone is so awesome, imagine what it's like with all the exclusive add-ons!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
In theory, all those KS extras are great. But it's mostly potential right now as there are very few scenarios written that use those components. There will be more over time, but there is no guarantee how much more.

Though the fan community is churning out a lot of scenarios...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
In theory, all those KS extras are great. But it's mostly potential right now as there are very few scenarios written that use those components.

It's pretty easy to swap heroes and overlord tiles. Skills have a bigger impact on the game than a reroll or a differently colored die. Swap a lockpicker for another lockpicker f.e. and you should be safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the King Pledge and I haven't even used the stretch goal content. I mostly stick to the core scenarios, which are all really fun and really replayable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
True to its name, the upcoming Campaign Book promises to contain many scenarios that use the figures from the King pledge, and I would assume the stretch goal content as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.