Subject: 1 player games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leif Neilsen
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
I'm looking for some games that can be played solo. Couldn't see anything listed under solo or 1 player. Can anyone offer advice.

Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica - the other one
Sweden
Strengelbach in Switzerland or Örebro in Sweden
flag msg tools
They are a treasure - I don´t need lots of them...
badge
Yay - Stretch goat!
mbmbmbmbmb
Start by taking a look here: 1 Player guild

The guild-description contains a lot of helpful links to find games that offers solitaire gaming and the forums there is filled with games that offers solitaire play.

This geeklist could probably be helpful too: 2016 People's Choice Top 100 Solo Games (+)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Carpenter
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is the 1 Player Guild, where players discuss solo games.

I would personally recommend Friday and Race for the Galaxy (with Race for the Galaxy: The Gathering Storm expansion) for smaller games.

For larger/longer games, I enjoy Leaving Earth and Navajo Wars.

EDIT: ninja'd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favourite solo game is Limes, a tile/card-laying game themed on the Roman frontier where you place cards and place followers on watchtowers, farms, rivers/lakes or forests (which all score differently).

Other ones I like are the Oniverse games (Sylvion and Castellion, and I am saving Urbion and Onirim for long trips). I also own The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game and am currently deciding whether I like it enough to go all in or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Small games? Where is the fun in those...

Go big, go Mage Knight Board Game!

I would also say, that Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island is pretty fantastic.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Small games? Where is the fun in those...

Go big, go Mage Knight Board Game!

Amateur... shake

Kingdom Death: Monster or bust!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Joking!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Friday, especially as a place to start. It's small and simple, and you'll probably tire of it after a while, but it's a really good little solo-filler that's really rather addictive.

I've got Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island as well, specifically to solo. I want to try it co-op as well, but haven't had the chance. It has a learning curve quite similar to a concrete wall though. And I don't mean "how to play"-learning curve (which is pretty normal for the size of game, maybe even a bit lower), I mean "how to win"-learning curve. I'm by no means a boardgame-savant, but I think I'm pretty good at euro-games. But even with all the options to make the first scenario easier I'm lucky if I even survive the 12 rounds. Gathering wood enough to actually complete the scenario just seems ridiculously hard right now.

So, my recommendation depends on whether that sounds like something you'd like or not.

As a short game with a small footprint, I'd like to recommend One Deck Dungeon as well. You can play it either solo or two-player co-op. I prefer to play it co-op with my wife over solo, but that's mostly because I enjoy her company, and this is basically the only game we have that I can get her to play multiple times a week. Mechanically, I think it's just as good as a solo game, and if you want to play two characters at once, it's not harder to run a "two-player" game alone than to solo with one character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Lüneburg
Germany
Lüneburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not a huge fan of solo gaming but these games were alright imo:

51st State
A Feast for Odin
Robinson Crusoe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Purkiss
msg tools
FUSE
Sylvion
Onirim
Ghost Stories (Whitemoon as well if you like it)

As well as quite a few CO-OP games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paradox Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hu there. I just learned about the 1-player guild myself, seeing a similar question answered recently.

I, too, am always seeking 1-player games. So I made one myself, Pocket Proliferation! https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/213419/pocket-proliferat...

It plays like a hex and counter board game but is a solo game without any combat (at least in pocket form). I have an interest in virus-like reproduction and the game works along those lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.