10 Posts

Freedom: The Underground Railroad» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter edition VS standard? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BoardGameMonkey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a chance of buying the KS edition of this game. Is it any worse/better than the standard edition? Thx, John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just looked into last week and retail has everything but the large wood abolisionists(sorry for spelling , its 430am and I hadnt slept) you can get them for 10 bucks on there website. I just got the teacher edition which comes with teaching book. Was worth the xtra 13$ cause I was given the lg pieces for free. Great company and friendly. I went overboard a little and ordered 100 black meeplez from meeplessource to replace wood squares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
compujet1 wrote:
I just looked into last week and retail has everything but the large wood abolisionists(sorry for spelling , its 430am and I hadnt slept) you can get them for 10 bucks on there website. I just got the teacher edition which comes with teaching book. Was worth the xtra 13$ cause I was given the lg pieces for free. Great company and friendly. I went overboard a little and ordered 100 black meeplez from meeplessource to replace wood squares.

There's also a set of cards that are not in retail edition (but are available from the publisher directly).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which set would that be exactly? I read all goals would be retail. I will need time to go double check but knowing what to look for would help. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
compujet1 wrote:
Which set would that be exactly? I read all goals would be retail. I will need time to go double check but knowing what to look for would help. Thanks

This one:

https://academygames.com/games/product/cid-132

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry but Kristo is correct, I spoke to quickly. There is a 18 card Freedom Deck. But its included with the Freedom Bundled package which retails $10 but its free at acadamygames.com . $70 standard version, $70 with cards and $75 with cards and wooden pawns, $85 all plus teachers book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The KS edition also came with a lantern first player marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
A very similar lantern is easily found at hobby stores like Michaels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Benson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
...and I'm back in the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
LunaWolvesMan wrote:
A very similar lantern is easily found at hobby stores like Michaels.

True. In fact, it's not just very similar. I found the exact same lantern at a Michael's store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
"Play is an essential component of Wholehearted living." Brené Brown
badge
What do you mean we don't have time for another game?
mbmbmbmbmb
compujet1 wrote:
Sorry but Kristo is correct, I spoke to quickly. There is a 18 card Freedom Deck. But its included with the Freedom Bundled package which retails $10 but its free at acadamygames.com . $70 standard version, $70 with cards and $75 with cards and wooden pawns, $85 all plus teachers book.

Doesn’t look like there’s still an $85 option for everything (including the teacher’s book)...unless maybe I’m missing it on their website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.