flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Imperium - coming sometime
mbmbmbmbmb
I know snore but I'm pretty pleased how these guys turned out

Monster bases are from Spielmaterial
https://www.spielematerial.de/en/standfuesse-variabel-farbig...

Definitely easier to use than the ones that come in the box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Arlington

Orlando
Florida
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They look great! Looks like you have the same adventuring team as my house.

Can I ask how you separated them from their bases? Was it just a sharp hobby knife?
Edit: looks like you were talking about the monsters. Is the base around the Mindthief built up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Imperium - coming sometime
mbmbmbmbmb
cznrhubarb wrote:
They look great! Looks like you have the same adventuring team as my house.

Can I ask how you separated them from their bases? Was it just a sharp hobby knife?
Edit: looks like you were talking about the monsters. Is the base around the Mindthief built up?

Sorry, yes replacement bases were for the monster standees. I struggled a bit with the ones supplied getting them open and I felt over time they'd chew up the standees, so got these instead, work a treat

Thought about taking the figures off their bases - but I have no idea what the locked characters look like, so I didn't want to start something and then regret it when I unlocked a particular figure. So instead just added a bit to the existing base.

Mindthief - yes, built up the base a bit with green-stuff (to the lip of the original raised base), sloping it off to the original round edge (I didn't want this figure to have a more obvious thicker base than the others). Added a skull I had in my bits box to make it a bit more interesting, then used fine sand mixed with pva to make the texture. Used the same mix on the Cragheart, just filled in the gaps where the base met the figure and covered the base. Once it was dry, primer then grey undercoat, black wash and couple of grey/beige dry brush to finish the base texture, painted edge of the base in black.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Warren
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks amazing! The cragheart has some really intense eyes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.