Subject: Minions and heroes are too similar rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Captain Facepalm
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmb
So we had our first game last night.
It was great, but we had difficulty distinguishing between heroes and minions. There was a big clump of grey figures on the board, and it wasn't easy finding heroes in it.
I was the giant ape (wuk/hanu?), and others kept mistaking me for the heavy minion.

Gameplay itself was fun though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
kozmoman wrote:
It was great, but we had difficulty distinguishing between heroes and minions. There was a big clump of grey figures on the board, and it wasn't easy finding heroes in it.
I was the giant ape (wuk/hanu?), and others kept mistaking me for the heavy minion.
Gameplay itself was fun though :)

Yep, we're aware of this issue. Next time we'll try to include different shades of base colors for the heroes.
However, I don't believe this issue will remain after a couple of games.

Plus, you can always paint them ;)
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1709548/any-pictures-painte...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisses Clan Skryre
Belgium
Sint-Lievens-Houtem
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm planning on getting 3 Citadel Miniatures washes.

- Orange
- Blue
- Black

and just slather that on. Takes zero skill (about what level my painting is up to )

Though apparently, I'd need to wash them and give them a base-coat, according to my mini-painting friends.

Possibly also paint the sockets of the minions blue & orange, so you only need to put the coloured disks on the heroes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Nisses wrote:
I'm planning on getting 3 Citadel Miniatures washes.
Possibly also paint the sockets of the minions blue & orange, so you only

I haven't started with the heroes yet, but I`m in the process of painting minions. It's really easy actually.

Consider also grabbing orange and blue base color. And then yellow and white to dry-brush afterwards.

Mechanical minions are a bit trickier, but the crystal ones are just a base color, wash and white drybrush.

Here's the latest (work in progress):
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
We had this issue as well. Also differentiating fatties and normal minions. I guess my amateur painting skills will do the trick (and get rid of the socket bases for minions as you stated).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Facepalm
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, I guess I'll have to do some form of painting thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
United States
Los Angeles
flag msg tools
badge
Board Game Barrage Podcast
mbmbmb
nichik wrote:
kozmoman wrote:
Gameplay itself was fun though

Yep, we're aware of this issue. Next time we'll try to include different shades of base colors for the heroes.

Next time? Apologies if this is already covered elsewhere, is a new edition being planned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Darric wrote:

Next time? Apologies if this is already covered elsewhere, is a new edition being planned?

There's a possibility of a standalone expansion at some point. It will be reverse-compatible with existing game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomas
United States
Findlay
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We just put the colored bases on the heroes. The minions are different enough that we can tell them apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.