Subject: when will I get the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Annica Nordström
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mb
I ordered this game on the soda pop miniatures website right after the kickstarter had ended. When will I get this? Does anyone know when it comes out? is it already out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aciina wrote:
I ordered this game on the soda pop miniatures website right after the kickstarter had ended. When will I get this? Does anyone know when it comes out? is it already out?

It depends what you ordered. They are doing 2 waves of shipping, but there are no solid dates for either and the Legends stuff is in wave 2. If I'm remembering correctly wave 2 isn't expected until summer.

The first wave is the new base game box minus the arcade rules and the two warbands and that is due out in the spring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annica Nordström
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for the quick response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to receiving this game. I have been painting SDE minis on and off but not really playing. I'm sort of waiting for the new rules before I start playing again! Gives me time to paint more minis (and it's not like I have a shortage of other games to play).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The above is correct. I'd expect late Spring for the first wave. I recommend checking on the KS page as they keep it updated regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scratch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a month since the last post here, and based on the last post on their Kickstarter page... It doesn't sound like they've even sent all of the necessary completed files for Wave I to the factory.

Considering there's an initial prototype and approval phase before massive manufacturing, I think it's fair to be skeptical about a delivery any time in the next 30-60 days. I briefly skimmed the last few updates,so it's possible I overlooked something... (Or that because I did a late pledge about 24 hours after the Kickstarter closed, I may not be seeing a backer-exclusive update?)

Are they still claiming a Spring delivery for Wave I, or have they officially delayed the round of items?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At this rate, the idea that they'd be shipping Wave 1 (SDE 2.0 & the warbands) by June 30 is exceedingly low. Maybe September 30. Probalby end of year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scratch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... That's what I was kind of expecting/worrying. At the time, there wasn't any indication that they would be spending time re-work ingredients the established 'reworked' rules from Forgotten King... But when I saw that they were testing that so extensively, I got concerned. I expected most of their "testing" cycle to be related to the 'Legends' mode.

Ultimately, I don't regret my late pledge, because I want the content and final product. I'm used to Kickstarter products taking longer... I just wish that I had realized how long the timeline was going to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was rather shocking how extensive, how poorly-considered, and how poor-tested the proposed rules revamp was. Particular as it was touted as a minor, simple cleanup and simplification of the FK rules, something that FK clearly needed. And then the rules revamp morphed into a complete rework and rewrite. It's not even close to being the same game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last update has Legends shipping wave 3 and current progress at 0%. I can't believe how badly SPM is handling this whole KS. It also makes it seem like games that funded well after SDE are getting priority so they will be completed first.

Wave 2 of SDE will gets its layout done after wave 1 of relic knights according to the last update. It doesn't help that after they post this terrible update on the status of things they go quiet. I'm sure they will respond at some point next week, but if you are going to post something saying that a project 4 months late is at 0% you should have someone really to answer the questions that will arise that day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scratch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bookblogger wrote:
The last update has Legends shipping wave 3 and current progress at 0%. I can't believe how badly SPM is handling this whole KS. It also makes it seem like games that funded well after SDE are getting priority so they will be completed first.

Wave 2 of SDE will gets its layout done after wave 1 of relic knights according to the last update. It doesn't help that after they post this terrible update on the status of things they go quiet. I'm sure they will respond at some point next week, but if you are going to post something saying that a project 4 months late is at 0% you should have someone really to answer the questions that will arise that day!

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I'll assume that the April 9th update was published AFTER you wrote this.

The last update clarified that wave 3 is in fact NOT at 0%. It also very specifically explains that each game is functioning with a dedicated team designated to work until the project is done. They say more than once that new games are being handled by different teams, NOT manpower taken from SDE:L.

The update mentions a POSSIBILITY of there being a wave 3, in order to get more of the content to us with less of a wait. They didn't "go quiet" after the post -they posted on April 7th, then again on April 9th. Both were posts of significant length. When was the last update on Massive Darkness? Oh, yeah, FEBRUARY. Frankly if a project updates once a month after its campaign that seems to be viewed as acceptable communication.

I'm not happy about delays, but I'm not just going to grab on to any negative thing I can run with.

On the other hand, I really have to agree with this sentiment:
GrauGeist wrote:
It was rather shocking how extensive, how poorly-considered, and how poor-tested the proposed rules revamp was. Particular as it was touted as a minor, simple cleanup and simplification of the FK rules, something that FK clearly needed. And then the rules revamp morphed into a complete rework and rewrite. It's not even close to being the same game.

This part threw me off. I didn't jump onto the beta stuff at the beginning, because frankly I have other (completed) games on the shelf that haven't been played to their fullest yet. But over the last couple months as I've looked closer, I started to wonder what was taking so long. I think it was right around the time that I saw the words "pet parade" that I started getting genuinely concerned. I went back to the campaign page, and searched for the phrase "pet " with my browser -not a single hit anywhere in the campaign text. So we're slowing down development time to test new gameplay modes that hadn't even been suggested in the course of the original campaign? If you want to do something like that, use it to kill time at the end, when you've got the actual product incoming, and release it online as a PDF -don't delay the already delayed product to add something you never advertised.

I'm really hoping that the worst is behind us. Trying to view this positively, it still really seems that there was some poor or inattentive Project Management going on. I'd like to think that changing who handles updates might reflect more attention from whoever is in charge of the product. One can hope, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall reading a post somewhere before, mentioning that SPM has dedicated teams of people working on each project. It is nice to see it in an official update.

As for Pet Parade, I believe this grew out of the rules rewrite. They have a number of new pets in this kickstarter, plus all the pets from the previous sets. I can only guess that SPM decided to have a separate set of rule concerning them. To be honest, I think that it was a good decision. They would have to rewrite some of the rules regarding pets and creeps anyhow. This way not only will you have cleaned up pets rules, but also some new tiles and scenarios. Sounds good to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With us being more than a week into June, is a mid-August start (i.e. Gencon) even a possibility?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bueller? Bueller?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on today's update, early 2018 is the absolute best case scenario.

We're probably looking at mid-2018.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.