6 Posts

Warfighter: The Tactical Special Forces Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Warfighter/field commander Napoleon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emily Grimes
msg tools
Hi!
I have both of these games on my shelf.For someone who has played both:wich one is easiest/fastest to learn?

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnston
msg tools
mbmbmb
Easy.
Get them down and learn both.
No good to you sitting on a shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily Grimes
msg tools
TrueBut i cant decide wich one to start with...!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Warfighter if you want something more akin to a normal "Adventure Card Game", such as those FFG puts out. Not that it's anything like those games but that's the best parallel I can tie to it. It's like playing a Hollywood special forces movie. It's friggin great. Make sure you read the V3 rulebook, available here: https://www.mcssl.com/content/assets/42/426114/PDF/warfighte...

Field Commander Napoleon is a very simple "wargame" (the term being used in the classical sense). If you're familiar with wargames, it will be no bother at all to learn. If not, it will take a bit of effort to learn the genre; the rulebook (while good) makes the game seem much more complex than it actually is. Luckily, there is this to help once you start actually playing: Flatten the Learning Curve --> Reformatted. Print that out (single sheet, double sided, landscape mode, B&W) and you'll be playing like a pro in no time. It's also friggin great but a bit more of a slowburn as the depth becomes more apparent after a few plays.

Let us know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe C Faust
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe pretty much nailed it.

I will add if you want something to give you an early success to boost your solitaire gamer's self esteem, go with Warfighter Special Forces in the Jungle (Drug War). Of all the Warfighter combos out there, this is the easiest to play though and the most forgiving of leadership errors. The Middle East card sets and pretty much everything in WWII are pretty unforgiving from the get-go.

Field Commander: Napoleon is more like a series of strategic puzzles which must be solved. Some click quickly and others will consistently hand you your head. And you can't game the system because your enemy reacts differently each time you play the scenario.

Excellent choices, all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily Grimes
msg tools
Wow!Thanks and thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.