Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I am going away this weekend with a group of friends and I will have a chance to pop out Mansions of Madness 2E (I also have all 3 existing expansions).

My group are fairly advanced gamers and enjoy a challenge as well as a good story. A good story that is too easy will make it difficult to pop the game out with them in the future so I want to pick the right scenario for them.

I have played Eternal Cycle, Cult of Sentinel Hill and Escape from Innsmouth. Of those I thought the first two had good stories but weren't challenging enough - Escape from Innsmouth was certainly more tricky and might be good - only thing is I would also like to try a new scenario

Which of the other scenarios would you recommend to play to give a great experience for them?

We have good time to play a long scenario although perhaps the longest one of them is maybe pushing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go for shattered bonds. It's the best scenario from the base game by far. Challenging (but slightly easier than escape from innsmouth regardless of what the stars say), refreshing, interesting story, not too much monsters (cycle of eternity had way too much in my opinion), and doesn't overstay it's welcome (3 hours with 4 players).

In my opinion this is the best scenario, especially for people who like a challenge. It does not require prior knowledge of the scenario to have a chance of winning it (like in escape from innsmouth), but there still is a good possibility that you will not be able to beat it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vardaine wrote:
Go for shattered bonds. It's the best scenario from the base game by far. Challenging (but slightly easier than escape from innsmouth regardless of what the stars say), refreshing, interesting story, not too much monsters (cycle of eternity had way too much in my opinion), and doesn't overstay it's welcome (3 hours with 4 players).

In my opinion this is the best scenario, especially for people who like a challenge. It does not require prior knowledge of the scenario to have a chance of winning it (like in escape from innsmouth), but there still is a good possibility that you will not be able to beat it.

I absolutely agree with the above. This is the scenario that I have used and it is absolutely manageable for new players. I agree that it is by far the best scenario of the base game and that CoE is actually not that good, especially as an introductory scenario. The DLC scenario is also actually pretty good even for an introductory game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.