Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The longsword ability states "When scoring Attribute Goals, +1 value to all dice of your Class Color".

Does this allow for a class color die with value 6 to actually be counted as a 7? I played that it does, but I wanted to make sure since 7 isn't a value you can actually roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes is does. The long sword and jeweled dagger both make dice count for a value higher when scoring attribute goals. The dice aren't physically moved. This can be important when scoring trait cards. The Long sword and jeweled dagger are in effect when scoring attribute goals, but maintain their face value for all other scoring.

I hope that helps

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kmatejka wrote:
Yes is does. The long sword and jeweled dagger both make dice count for a value higher when scoring attribute goals. The dice aren't physically moved. This can be important when scoring trait cards. The Long sword and jeweled dagger are in effect when scoring attribute goals, but maintain their face value for all other scoring.

I hope that helps

Keith

Not sure I trust this answer, I mean what does Keith know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kmatejka wrote:
Keith,

This actually gives me an opportunity to ask a question that I've had for a while, and if it's been answered elsewhere I apologize.

Is the "18" attribute goal meant to be "18, exactly 18 and nothing but 18" or is there supposed to be an implied "+"? For example, if I have a Cleric with an 18 Wisdom, a Longsword, and one or more White dice in Wisdom (thus giving me an effective Wisdom above 18) does my Longsword actually cost me the victory stars?

Thanks, and again, sorry if this was answered elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The number has to match....there is not an implied +. Promise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
kmatejka wrote:
Keith,

This actually gives me an opportunity to ask a question that I've had for a while, and if it's been answered elsewhere I apologize.

Is the "18" attribute goal meant to be "18, exactly 18 and nothing but 18" or is there supposed to be an implied "+"? For example, if I have a Cleric with an 18 Wisdom, a Longsword, and one or more White dice in Wisdom (thus giving me an effective Wisdom above 18) does my Longsword actually cost me the victory stars?

If you look at the Barbarian card, it has a Strength goal of "18+" (IIRC). So if you see an "18" on a board, it means exactly 18.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
kmatejka wrote:
Keith,

What the numbers mean on the attribute card are stated on page 11 under final scoring.

So yes, the longsword would cost you the victory points because it would be 19 or higher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. It needs to be the exact number if it's a singular number.

Remember you can discard Weapon cards at any time, so at the end of the game if the Longsword or Jeweled Dagger is doing more harm than good, you can always ditch it.

I hope that helps.

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kreisberg
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Discard ... ? Wov, never thought of that. Only weapons or also armour?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg

Arkansas
msg tools
badge
mb
I can't think of a reason why you would want to discard armor. Each piece gives points, and you can have as much as you want, including pieces from different sets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Weapons only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.C. Wendel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kmatejka wrote:
Correct. It needs to be the exact number if it's a singular number.

Remember you can discard Weapon cards at any time, so at the end of the game if the Longsword or Jeweled Dagger is doing more harm than good, you can always ditch it.

Dang, I wish I knew that. I had bought both of them today, and it totally screwed up my score at the end because I forgot about them! I end up scoring a big fat Zero for my attributes.

My large collection of armor got me the win, but it was really close thanks to my bungling ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.