Subject: Some Queries rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Ellis
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just picked up a copy of this game, and have a few questions.

Can units in a stack attack multiple adjacent hexes (I realise that you cannot split a units strength).

The optional rules for 2 leaders in Mercury. Where and when do they appear, and, once in play can they be moved to a different hex by themselves (not just moving with a unit) and if so, what is their movement allowance.

Can someone please explain what (in Mercury rule 5.2) is the meaning of this - One of the modifiers says ' -1 Second and Third drops on May 20'.

Does this mean impulses?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The third question I answered at consimworld on March 9: the modifier applies to any unit dropping after impulse 1.

As I recall leaders are simply a combat marker granting bonus. The player simply announces their use in combat. They may move with other units present in the hex and have he same movement rate as the unit(s) they are stacked with.

My general memory is that it is imperative to concentrate attacks and not split up attacks but the question is whether or not such attacks are legal. Based on what is said in rule 6.0 I would say it is legal.

Michael Rinella
Designer, Mercury/Market-Garden

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ellis
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.