Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Plague Inc.: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Retail availability of 5th player expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vicky Goode
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find any information on this, sorry if I've missed something obvious.

I'm really excited about having received my retail copy (missed the kickstarter) but I'd like to get the 5th player expansion as 5 players are easier to get played in my games group. That doesn't seem to be a kickstarter exclusive (unlike the Patient Zero expansion) so I assume I'll be able to by it somewhere at some point. Anyone know when that's expected?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Save your money. I really like the game but I don't think the game works particularly well at 5 players, too much chaos and not enough strategy
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PlanBee wrote:
Save your money. I really like the game but I don't think the game works particularly well at 5 players, too much chaos and not enough strategy


Have to disagree here. Most of my games have had 5 players and I think it works just as well as with fewer. It fact I'd say it takes more strategy to play with more going on.
Sure you get a few extra event cards but that doesn't hurt the game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Goode
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone else was wondering the same thing: I contacted the designer and apparently the 5th player expansion is also a KS exclusive. It may possibly be available with another future expansion.

Very disappointing. Not sure I like the game enough to keep if I can't upgrade it to 5 player.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just photo copy a the player mats and buy some extra cubes of a different colour and presto you have a fifth player setup.

I did this to add a sixth player to one game. Photocopy mats for choice of bacteria or virus, used Risk pieces for markers and we were off to the races... er... doctor's offices... or something like that.

Great fun.


confusedvicky wrote:
In case anyone else was wondering the same thing: I contacted the designer and apparently the 5th player expansion is also a KS exclusive. It may possibly be available with another future expansion.

Very disappointing. Not sure I like the game enough to keep if I can't upgrade it to 5 player.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Goode
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Barthheart wrote:
Just photo copy a the player mats and buy some extra cubes of a different colour and presto you have a fifth player setup.

I did this to add a sixth player to one game. Photocopy mats for choice of bacteria or virus, used Risk pieces for markers and we were off to the races... er... doctor's offices... or something like that.

Great fun.


confusedvicky wrote:
In case anyone else was wondering the same thing: I contacted the designer and apparently the 5th player expansion is also a KS exclusive. It may possibly be available with another future expansion.

Very disappointing. Not sure I like the game enough to keep if I can't upgrade it to 5 player.


Thanks. That's a good idea! But I'm probably too lazy to do it. Ah well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.