Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will give the designer & publisher credit for not using a overly-used theme, but at the same point I wonder if they may have thought too far "outside the box"?

Does anyone else think the theme will present a big barrier to entry into this game?

I'm sure there are plenty of people that can look past it and enjoy the game mechanics for what they are. And of course the DT Essential seal will bump sales as well. But ultimately people will read the description and think "hmmmm.....do I WANT to be a disease attacking someone's organs?"

Or is the hope that more people will buy it thanks to its unique theme vs. people that will pass on it for the same reason?

Ultimately this game fascinates me. I can't say I'll be buying it, but will certainly be curious to see how well its received.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plague Inc. and Pathogenesis seem to have done very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Orey
Portugal
Cascais
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin,

thank you for your comments.

With so many new games every year it’s very difficult to have an original theme. But we believe that with this game we found a very original way of using a theme. All the tone of the game is very light with very fun and cartoonish illustrations.

Probably the BGG description “...deadly virus...” is too harsh (btw, i just corrected that part of the decription). This game is about a virus inside a body NOT killing a body or anyone else :-)
If anyone or anything dies in this game are the players virus. In the game mechanics you have the immune system which is very powerful and clean those virus whenever there is a Crisis.

I really hope you give a try to the game (it will be released in GENCON 2017) and see for yourself that there is nothing gloomy or distasteful about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gil orey wrote:
Hi Kevin,

thank you for your comments.

With so many new games every year it’s very difficult to have an original theme. But we believe that with this game we found a very original way of using a theme. All the tone of the game is very light with very fun and cartoonish illustrations.

Probably the BGG description “...deadly virus...” is to harsh (btw, i just corrected that part of the decription). This game is about a virus inside a body NOT killing a body or anyone else :-)
If anyone or anything dies in this game are the players virus. In the game mechanics you have the immune system which is very powerful and clean those virus whenever there is a Crisis.

I really hope you give a try to the game (it will be released in GENCON 2017) and see for yourself that there is nothing gloomy or distasteful about it.

Appreciate the response AND the change to the description. And I completely agree, original themes are becoming tougher and tougher these days. I will keep my eye out for this one this summer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabi Games
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Theme... I love a well integrated theme.
This game is on my explore-list. However with our 20 year old recenty gone blind in one eye from chickenpox I certainly won't play it with her for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dvonn Yinsh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just played my first game. The theme really works and it is enhanced by the cartoony art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The combination of the neat art-style and the uncommon theme are what caused me to look deeper into this game in the first place. I had literally never heard of it, saw the cover on the shelf at my FLGS and said, "Wow! What is this game? I like the art. What's it about? Area control with cartoony viruses? Okay, I want it!"

Honestly, if it had been presented with a more "standard" type of theme for an area control game (historical warfare, mobsters, political districting, etc.), with more "standard" art-design, I probably still wouldn't even know it existed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.