Subject: Ideas for prizes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Leonard Hitchings
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm running a small Dominion tournament on my birthday - it's just for fun but would like to have a couple of prizes up for grabs.

Last year's tournament was Alien Frontiers, and prizes were things like a space themed beer, a space helmet and a book on space.

I'm finding Dominion much harder to come up with prizes for - all I can think of is sackcloth, so can my fellow geeks help me out with ideas?

Cheers

Max

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador C. Majoral
Andorra
Argentona, Barcelona
flag msg tools
https://shop.spreadshirt.es/boardgameshirt/dominion+curse+t-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The winner gets a copy of Dominion: Cornucopia, which literally includes Prizes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could have prizes based on the prize cards. A bag of chocolate coins, a DVD of The Princess Bride. Might or might not want to have all five...maybe rank the top five finishers and let them pick in that order.

(Optional method: people choose in reverse order, but someone who goes later can steal a prize from someone earlier, who then takes something else from the table, or from someone who finished lower.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is a Harem out of your price range?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A big pack of sleeves, so you can all argue whether or not you should sleeve your Dominion games. laugh

Also, BGG has promos! Go pick up a bunch and support BGG even though half the pages look like Facebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
A big pack of sleeves, so you can all argue whether or not you should sleeve your Dominion games. laugh

Also, BGG has promos! Go pick up a bunch and support BGG even though half the pages look like Facebook.

Nice idea, but each user can only buy one of each Promo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Leonard Hitchings
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all of the responses guys.
I think I'm going to go the camp route - there's a dressing up shop not far from me. Going to go in search of a codpiece!

Cheers

Max
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Xithi wrote:
Going to go in search of a codpiece!

Intriguing. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.