Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Can we please stop having threads in general gaming (or come to that any other forum) about diversity, inclusivity or why we should not take the piss out of such threads.

Can you please stop mentioning RSP in every thread response you make?
I did not mention RSP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Can we please stop having threads in general gaming (or come to that any other forum) about diversity, inclusivity or why we should not take the piss out of such threads.

He misses RSP so longingly, it's beautiful.

That's what this entire thread is about, I suspect. He's mad that other people can get away with talking about RSP-ish topics outside of RSP. He just wishes he could too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This film's crap, let's slash the seats
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a compromise suggestion.

Why don't we set up a space where the OP can only have discussions about aspects of gaming he's interested in?

We could call it "slatersteven's blog".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Are you disagreeing with the OP's point in that thread?

And what (in your opinion) was bigoted or rude?

Okay I can't read the thread for you nor will I search through to find the valid quotes. I provided the link, feel free to read it at your leisure.
So you have to read your comments to know what you were saying?

You are unable to find one quote you think was bigoted? I am asking what you think is a banable offense so I can see if I agree. It does not matter what I think maybe, it maybe far more lenient then you (or the admins).

I provided the link, feel free to read it at your leisure.
As far as I can tell you agree with the OP, so if (as I am suggesting) I would get a ban if I disagreed) then this proves sod all abut me being wrong.

Why would you think disagreeing with the OP would get you banned? Produce one iota of evidence to that.
OK

No admin has said I would not be.

Additionally, no admin has said that he would not be given a swirly, simply as a consequence of posting in that thread. Purple nurples have not been explicitly taken off the table, nor have wet willies.

Surely you can see the source of his trepidation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While there have been several who have answered the OP's question, I'd like to echo the explanation:

Discussing the board game community, inclusiveness, and possible prejudices in the community is not politics.

I'm sorry you think so, but please go look up a strict definition of politics and then point out where in that gaming thread any substantive discussion is being had regarding the actions the government should or should not e taking, or discussing a group's ambitions to reach government power.

The fact is there is none of it.

Now, does the topic of LGBTQ issues touch upon many aspects of Religion, Sex, and Politics. Sure it does at points. But clearly the goal of that thread is NOT to discuss those relations but instead discuss the intersection of LGBTQ identity issues with the topic of gaming.

Therefore that thread should be in...general gaming. Right where it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Why would you think disagreeing with the OP would get you banned? Produce one iota of evidence to that.
OK

No admin has said I would not be.

Did you just say that with a straight face? Like, for reals? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Shampoo4you wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

He misses RSP so longingly, it's beautiful.

That's what this entire thread is about, I suspect. He's mad that other people can get away with talking about RSP-ish topics outside of RSP. He just wishes he could too.

No, he's just always been like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This film's crap, let's slash the seats
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:

No, he's just always been like this.

Wait, Slater has motivations other than the ones he's claimed for this thread? I am shocked and appalled by this revelation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
CHA was my dump stat
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
The worst thing about this thread is the incorrect punctuation in the title.

Intolerable, really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody
United States
Agoura Hills
Select state
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranior wrote:
While there have been several who have answered the OP's question, I'd like to echo the explanation:

Discussing the board game community, inclusiveness, and possible prejudices in the community is not politics.

I'm sorry you think so, but please go look up a strict definition of politics and then point out where in that gaming thread any substantive discussion is being had regarding the actions the government should or should not e taking, or discussing a group's ambitions to reach government power.

The fact is there is none of it.

Now, does the topic of LGBTQ issues touch upon many aspects of Religion, Sex, and Politics. Sure it does at points. But clearly the goal of that thread is NOT to discuss those relations but instead discuss the intersection of LGBTQ identity issues with the topic of gaming.

Therefore that thread should be in...general gaming. Right where it is.

It absolutely is politics. When you're talking about "representation" in a "community" thats the core of politics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
It's almost as if the word "politics" is one of those very general ambiguous words with many meanings and nuances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AHShole wrote:

It absolutely is politics. When you're talking about "representation" in a "community" thats the core of politics.

russ wrote:
It's almost as if the word "politics" is one of those very general ambiguous words with many meanings and nuances.

Russ has it correct, but if we're going to go so far as to define politics as matters discussing representation in a community, is it political to discuss how wargamers are represented in the gaming community?

And if it is, should such a discussion really take place in the general gaming category or the RSP section?

You'll note that I also made sure to say a strict definition of politics since I know the term is a bit nebulous and for some politics can mean virtually any topic.

Anyhow this is all a bit of a moot point since the admins did speak on the matter and made it very clear that the thread in question was in the correct location. So for those who think it was in the wrong place, at least according to BGG's policies it was not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.