Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are digital versions of the Anniversary Edition manuals available? I just received my copy but I often can only read an electronic copy and really like to issue text searches, especially during play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
on the website of the publisher you can find the rules for the 2nd ed: http://www.aresgames.eu/768

AFAIK there are no rule changes in the AE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobi wrote:
on the website of the publisher you can find the rules for the 2nd ed: http://www.aresgames.eu/768

AFAIK there are no rule changes in the AE

Yeah but I really like all the (I think) extra stuff included in the AE rulebooks. I would like to see PDF ports of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In terms of content, the rulebook is equivalent to the latest printing of the WOTR 2nd edition.
The Strategy Guide is based on articles previously published on our website, but much extended. At the moment we do not plan to release it as a PDF.
It is possible we'll do a softcover and a PDF in the future if there is enough demand for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
In terms of content, the rulebook is equivalent to the latest printing of the WOTR 2nd edition.
The Strategy Guide is based on articles previously published on our website, but much extended. At the moment we do not plan to release it as a PDF.
It is possible we'll do a softcover and a PDF in the future if there is enough demand for it.

Add me to those wanting a pdf version of the rulebook (1st), and having a pdf of the Strategy Guide would also be an extra nice treat.

Searching a pdf for key words is a boon while playing and I'd like to only be referencing the Anniversary Edition manual. Searching the 2e manual won't (quickly) give me the page # in the Anniversary Edition manual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:

Ienjoy having a pdf of rules and strategy guides because with a game like this I don't want to lend out my rulebooks to people to read.. and there are certain places I don't want to take my nice rulebooks to read as it would be more likely they would get ruined...

Is there a way to order an additional copy of these books?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Crowther
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:

I would absolutely be keen on purchasing the strategy guide in pdf and/or paperback! I need all the help I can get as a newbie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure there would be a host of fans eager to possess a copy of the strategy guide mentioned in these posts. The game itself is absolutely awesome - no matter whether the AE or the regular retail edition - and is not just a whole heap of fun to play but also a deep game and one that lends itself to a variety of strategies. (As such, I can easily see why it may, in fact, be intimidating to a new and/or casual player).

This game has a legion of fans and I can see quite a demand for the strategy booklet, whatever medium it is in. "Please, Ares Games, make it so." (read last quote in a Jean Luc Picard voice).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
cybernex wrote:

Ienjoy having a pdf of rules and strategy guides because with a game like this I don't want to lend out my rulebooks to people to read.. and there are certain places I don't want to take my nice rulebooks to read as it would be more likely they would get ruined...

Is there a way to order an additional copy of these books?

I would like to request that Ares make pdf copies of the books available to AE owners for free or perhaps a small fee for many of the reasons listed above. Actually, I think it would be a great service to the WotR community if the strategy guide were either sold or posted as a downloadable pdf for everyone to read, and a softcover version of the book seems like a great idea as well. It is really a great resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:

Awesome! I haven't cracked the Strategy Guide yet and just assumed it was a compilation of the articles from the website (much thanks Veldrin, Grand Master of all that is WotR) which I've read through quite a few times! Now I know what I'll be doing today

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a little thread necromancy to ask if there has been any progress on making the Strategy Companion more widely available. I would love to read it in whatever format: pdf download, soft or hard cover. It's a shame it's not currently available in any format. I hope Ares Games consider releasing it somehow.

As a new player, I'm obviously too late to order an Anniversary Edition so it would be great if the Companion book was available separately. Is it the only part of the AE that wasn't just a cosmetic upgrade? Would Ares be allowed to sell it separately under the terms of their licence?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would purchase the strategy companion as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in for the strategy guide as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up asking Ares games if they had any spare copies of the AE rulebook and strategy guide. They did, so I bought one. It may be worth asking in case they have any more in a cupboard somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.