Subject: Free actin without worker action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'm going to play for the first time this evening. And i wonder. Can i make a free action without a worker action ? Because i want to pass after my free action or because i can't do another worker action aftre the free action, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can. Your turn is:

- Any number of free actions; then

- EITHER a worker action OR pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuela
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Let's all have a deep, think-y game... with theme!
badge
Anesthetist by day; gamer by night...
mbmbmbmbmb
Why wouldn't you be able to do a standard action afterward? Pretty much all free actions don't use a Worker/exosuit. The exception I know off the top of my head is the Exocrawler, but if you're using it to recruit, you can immediately use that Worker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
EPratt wrote:
Why wouldn't you be able to do a standard action afterward? Pretty much all free actions don't use a Worker/exosuit. The exception I know off the top of my head is the Exocrawler, but if you're using it to recruit, you can immediately use that Worker.

Against the Chronobot, passing ASAP can be good play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
EPratt wrote:

I would still maximise my play if possible because the Chronobot will be gaining or working to gain VP every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuela
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Let's all have a deep, think-y game... with theme!
badge
Anesthetist by day; gamer by night...
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
EPratt wrote:

Sure, but the OP's second scenario is that it's a matter of not being able to do a standard action afterward. This shouldn't really happen unless it's something like using the Exocrawler on a non-Recruit action and not having another Worker or powered-up exosuit to do a standard action. Kind of wonduring out loud.

But yes, it's not required that a Player do a staNarducci action after their free action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
Olvenskol wrote:
EPratt wrote:

I would still maximise my play if possible because the Chronobot will be gaining or working to gain VP every turn.

My point is, sometimes you can do some free actions and still want to pass because the remaining actions aren't as good as what the Chronobot is likely to do. Free actions + pass is still a pass from the bot's viewpoint.

One great example: a free action that lets you perform a regular action with your last remaining exosuit (this also applies to multiplayer as well, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tuzzi
Italy
Milan
Lombardy
flag msg tools
mbmb
EPratt wrote:

Let's say you end one of your turns with no tired nor active workers. You have no means to take an action next turn.

Philippe is just asking if he can still play his next turn just taking free actions and then pass for the rest of the phase (since he can't take his standard action, having no worker left).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.