Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are here to discus our love of boardgames, and nothing else. Anything else is immaterial to that, and we have more appropriate forums for such discussions.

Can I ask that we only discus boardgames here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Marl
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should probably avoid the General Gaming forum. It's become RSP lite lately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
We are here to discus our love of boardgames, and nothing else. Anything else is immaterial to that, and we have more appropriate forums for such discussions.

That's a little extreme. Should we delete threads about "little things" that are not related to board games?

I love birds.

... Am I banned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

That's a little extreme. Should we delete threads about "little things" that are not related to board games?

I love birds.

... Am I banned?
Who said anything about bans, you can discus birds in Chit Chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I support focusing on our common love of gaming. A lot of the discussions that have been going around lately have convinced me that many of us share very different beliefs about many other things... and those discussions have saddened me for all their anger and ignorance and vitriol.

I want to go back to looking down on you people for your poor taste in games, not your misguided worldviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

You have two posts in this thread including the original. Neither is talking about boardgames. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

You can ask, sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
keethrax wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

You have two posts in this thread including the original. Neither is talking about boardgames. :whistle:
But at least I have not dismissed anyone's views as "rather pointless", unlike some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
fambans wrote:
You should probably avoid the General Gaming forum. It's become RSP lite lately.

There's an exaggeration to take notice of...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... And that is why we have special sections of the Forum for other topics.

I do not understand your request. Is there a specific post you feel is not related to boardgames?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
capricorn_tm wrote:
... And that is why we have special sections of the Forum for other topics.

I do not understand your request. Is there a specific post you feel is not related to boardgames?
Yes, but this is not the forum for such mattes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

I don't see how talking about the board game community, representation in board games, and philosophies underlying game design and theming have nothing to do with board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
We're joking and kidding.

But I like what you're trying to do.

Let's stop being intolerant and move on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legomancer wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

I don't see how talking about the board game community, representation in board games, and philosophies underlying game design and theming have nothing to do with board games.
As I said, we all have only one thing in common, our desire to talk about out love of games, things like boardgame design or community have forums.

https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/974655/boardgamegeek/board-g...

https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/1154020/boardgamegeek/boardg...

https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/6/boardgamegeek/chit-chat

It makes it easier if we know where a discussion is (it would be like having a cupboard labeled Cans, but not putting you tins of peas in there as they are vegetables (but putting your tinned carrots there)). We have forums separated for a reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

The title of the forum is General Gaming, which is a more broad topic than just discussion of the boardgames themselves.

It seems to me that anything associated with gaming in general, certainly experiences of people playing games, are on topic. I don't understand the ire over the mere existence of people wanting to talk about a particular topic related to gaming. If you aren't interested in a thread, it is pretty easy to avoid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rshipley wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

The title of the forum is General Gaming, which is a more broad topic than just discussion of the boardgames themselves.

It seems to me that anything associated with gaming in general, certainly experiences of people playing games, are on topic. I don't understand the ire over the mere existence of people wanting to talk about a particular topic related to gaming. If you aren't interested in a thread, it is pretty easy to avoid.
It is not lack of interest, if anything it is the opposite.

As I said this is not the appropriate place to discus such matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are issues that hit on gaming in general. They are fine in "general gaming".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmbmbmb
No one ever complains when people keep using this forum to discuss chairs, shelves, or how to deal with someone who spits when he talks. But as soon as someone questions whether their community may need a louder voice in boardgaming some people get up in arms about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cornixt wrote:
No one ever complains when people keep using this forum to discuss chairs, shelves, or how to deal with someone who spits when he talks. But as soon as someone questions whether their community may need a louder voice in boardgaming some people get up in arms about it.
Odd, as I did in fact say all non gaming related topics.

There is a place to discus these (as with birds) it is Chit Chat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
two identical threads created 30 mins apart by two different people...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1741943/something-all-bgg-m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alexankh wrote:
two identical threads created 30 mins apart by two different people...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1741943/something-all-bgg-m...
Well spotted, now can you guess what my thread is actually about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well, you are both from across the pond (according to your flags), so I assume it's some covert retaliation for the Boston Tea Party
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
manus trium
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

It makes it easier if we know where a discussion is (it would be like having a cupboard labeled Cans, but not putting you tins of peas in there as they are vegetables (but putting your tinned carrots there)). We have forums separated for a reason.

Wait just one second there. A cupboard is for cups! Cans should go in a canboard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexankh wrote:
well, you are both from across the pond (according to your flags), so I assume it's some covert retaliation for the Boston Tea Party

Oh dear... This is not ending well... >_<"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
mbmbmbmbmb
General Gaming is about things connected to gaming, in general. I think representation within the gaming community fits easily into General Gaming.

RSP is about religion, sex, politics, with no connection to the gaming community. (I love Bernie! I hate Trump! etc, etc)

Chit Chat is just for conversation about whatever, often with no connection to gaming.

Community is about the BGG community specifically. You know, who hates who, who has a crush on who, etc.

What's the big deal? If you don't like a thread, don't read it.

Oh, wait, you're worried these things will take over General Gaming. Not likely. Right now I see a bunch of gaming threads, one thread on representation in gaming (and two threads reacting to that one thread), and some weird thread on lighting (which is actually quite informative).

I don't see a problem. I think the real issue is that a lot of folks who object to conversations about representation in the gaming community just don't like those conversations, period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.