Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some skills have text similar to the following:

Hits inflict Slow. If the target is already suffering from Slow inflict Stun instead.

In one attack, if two hits are rolled, which of the following happens?

a) The first and second hit deal two damage and apply slow.
b) The first hit applies damage and slow, the second hit applies damage and, now the target is suffering from slow, applies stun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess option A, but it is unfortunately a guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Piorkowski
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Bone White wrote:
Hits inflict Slow. If the target is already suffering from Slow inflict Stun instead.

If that is the text on the card then it would be option B. If the target is already suffering from slow and since you cant apply slow twice to a hero then the text says you apply stun instead. The question would be whether the target is both Slowed and Stunned or just stunned. I would assume the target suffers both effects when their turn comes up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Keller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Hits happen simultaneously in one attack, so the first attack's hits would apply the first status, then additional attacks' hits would apply the second status.

That is, of course, assuming prior to the first attack the targeted Hero doesn't already have the trigger status.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WordBurn wrote:
Hits happen simultaneously in one attack, so the first attack's hits would apply the first status, then additional attacks' hits would apply the second status.

That is, of course, assuming prior to the first attack the targeted Hero doesn't already have the trigger status.

This^ for example: let's say I have a character with 4 dice and that ability.
I attack a zone with a hero (and nothing else) in it. I hit twice the hero gains slow, as well as (usually) 2 damage.
With my next action I attack the same zone. This time I hit 3 times. Now the hero has slow and stun, and takes an additional 3 damage. So, in total I've inflicted 5 damage, slow and stun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chet Zeshonski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooperton wrote:
WordBurn wrote:

I attack a zone with a hero (and nothing else) in it. I hit twice the hero gains slow, as well as (usually) 2 damage.
With my next action I attack the same zone. This time I hit 3 times. Now the hero has slow and stun, and takes an additional 3 damage. So, in total I've inflicted 5 damage, slow and stun.

By this logic, don't you have to clear a zone of crew before you can damage heroes?

I don't see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tutenkharnage wrote:
Cooperton wrote:
WordBurn wrote:

By this logic, don't you have to clear a zone of crew before you can damage heroes?

I don't see it.

Correct, unless the attack says otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tutenkharnage wrote:
Cooperton wrote:
WordBurn wrote:

I don't see it.

Im not sure how Cooperton's example connects to zone clear rules, but yes:

Unless an attack "Prioritizes X", all hits get applied: Crew > Bosun > Hero > Objective. (pg 12)

So you would have to clear a zone of crew before you can damage a hero default unless an attack says otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.