Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S Padilla

Kalamazoo
Michigan
msg tools
mb
Hello,

Looking for a meatier hidden traitor game and both Dead of Winter and Room 25 Ultimate are on my radar.

Anyone have thoughts on either of these games? Would love a comparison if people have both

Thank you!
Sue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what hidden traitor games have you played and what about them did you like? I haven't played many but Dead of winter didn't do it for me as it more felt like chance if your goal was an easy one to line up.
The hidden traitor game that I came across and liked is A Study in Emerald (second edition) as trying to figure out who is who seemed much more important.
sorry, not too helpful deciding between two games when I toss in a third.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own and enjoy both and they're extremely different experiences.

Room 25 is much lighter, less rules, less to learn. The guards (bad guys) can reveal themselves at almost any time without sacrificing much, and even gain a bonus.

DoW is a constant paranoia filled game where until the very end of the game you sometimes don't know who the traitor is, or if there is one.

Also, DoW is GREAT with 4, okay with 3, okay with 5 (but can go looooong), bad with 2. Room 25 I'd say is great with 5 and 6, and possibly 7 or 8 though haven't tried those player counts yet.

One bad thing about Room 25 is it can go long if people are discussing every possible move to get out during the last few rounds or so. I personally always want to play it with a game timer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.