United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Warfighter Pegasus Bridge & Operation Market Garden
1. A 125 Rp scenario.
2. Place Objective Bridge Capture.
3. Limited support mission. 17 turns –3Loadout Objective 8.
4. Split forces into two, 1st is defending the bridge 50Rp, 2nd is the relief force 75Rp.
5. Bridge defenders cannot leave area and are made up of 1 PS plus others below.
6. Bridge defenders cannot evade, enemy no where you are!
7. PS Moore (8) LO11-3=8 StenGun 2/2, Piat 1/1, Pistol 2/1, Helmet 1/1, Web Gear 3/0, Canteen 0/1, Binoculars 1/1, Ammo Box 9/3 (3xHG, Fuse, Ammo Bren)=26/10.
8. NPS Lee (8) LMG, 1XP, Marksman=13 (39).
9. SQD Lonsdale (5) 2 Piat Rockets. Adams Panic (1), Wright (3), Lewis Loader, Panic (1), Edwards His number was up, Panic (3), Morris Panic (3)=11 (50)
10. Relief force must reach objective in time limit or lose team below.
11. PS Bagnold (8) LO8-3=5, Web Gear 3/0, Canteen 0/1, Binoculars 1/1, Pistol 2/1, Helmet 1/1, Ammo Box 9/3 (3xHG, Smoke, Pistol), add Cross training 2, Spotter 2 and Green -3= 25/7.
12. PS Fowler (13) LO 15-3=12, Bren 9/8, Pistol 2/1, Helmet 1/1, 2xAmmo 2/2, Gunner 2 Panic -1= 28/12 (53).
13. NPS Darling (4) Mk1 scoped rifle, Dixon (5) FT, Campbell (4) Mk1 Rifle, 1st Aid Kit, Corpsman, SQD Ward (3), Yardley (4) +Panic(-1), Burton (4) +Panic(-1) =22 (75)
14. Player loses if bridge is cleared of defenders.
15. End of every turn place hostiles at bridge as if activated for an escape mission. Use 50 pts at bridge and 75 for rest for picking hostiles. Stop bridge activation once any soldiers from relief force link up by entering objective.
16. Stay Low cannot be played at objective card.
17. German Frontline troops. 8 soldiers in each area use chits for targeting as normal.
18. Relief Force cards cannot be used on Defenders or vica versa until forces have linked.
19. Victory conditions link up forces and then clear objective of hostiles.
20. Operation Market Garden scenarios, Eindhoven and Nijmegen use US Paras and German frontline at Eindhoven and German Elite at Nijmegen with Arnham use UK Paras and German Elite. Completing each in order Eindhoven then Nijmegen then Arnham. Relief Force can rearm at end of each. Xp carries over to next scenario.
21. If Mortar picked place at location 7
22. US Paras for Operation Market Garden, 1st Squad
23. 1st Squad Anderson (8) LO10-3=7, 2Xp Spotter, Lucky, Binoculars 1/1, 1xHG 1/1, Helmet 1/1, Pistol 2/1, M1 Carbine 2/2, Ammo BAR(4mags) 1/1, extra skill Loader 2 18/7
24. Baker N4,Mitchell S4,Fielding S3,OrwellS4,Randall N4,KerrS5 24=42
25. Scanlan N8 Bar and Entrenching Tool 8=50
26. 2nd Squad PS McDougall (8) LO10-3+4=11, Carbine 2/2, Binoc 1/1, Canteen 0/1, Helmet 1/1, Pistol 2/1, MMG Ammo1/1, 2HG 2/2, 2ATG 2/2, Web Gear 4/0. 23/11
27. Roble S3, Owen S5, Smith S2, Taylor S1, Abbot –1 Panic S4, 15=38
28. Stover N4, Moore N8 12=50
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
After all, a murder is only an extroverted suicide.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pegasus Bridge scenario
That's an interesting scenario setup. I'll definitively try it this week-end ! ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt A.
United States
Willoughby
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sounds like a blood bath! I'll give it a shot on Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The one thing I am not certain about is has the relief force moves they use 75Rp for hostile placement but I am thinking for the location next to the objective use the grand total 125Rp as the bridge defenders can now help, or as the base under siege objective where you double the hostile value. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Mazon

Joplin
Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Which expansion was used for this scenario?

Thanks

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have tried this twice now 1st time did not work as once you added the Hostiles as per escape mission it was too easy to eliminate them and the 0-9 reinforcements. So I changed my idea and victory conditions

1. End of every turn place hostiles at bridge as if activated for escape mission. Use 50 points at bridge and 75 for rest for picking hostiles. Stop bridge activation once any soldiers from relief force link up by entering objective.
2. Victory conditions link up forces and then clear objective of hostiles.
3 Bridge defenders cannot evade, enemy know where you are!
This made for a very close game going to the last turn.

It also got me thinking of doing an Operation Market Garden
3. Operation Market Garden scenario, Eindhoven and Nijmegen use US Paras and German frontline at Eindhoven and German Elite at Nijmegen with Arnham use UK Paras and German Elite. Completing each in order Eindhoven then Nijmegen then Arnham. Relief Force can rearm at end of each. I have added US squads to my variant.

I have all the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just finished playing my 3rd play through. One of my player soldiers from the relief force had to make an end run to link up as the bridge defenders were nearly out of ammo and 4 soldiers had taken 1 wound. He then used scrounge to resupply them. I story told this as a desperate radio message from the defenders causes a soldier from the relief force to sneak through enemy lines with some Bren gun ammo and grenades.

The game could be played with smaller forces ie 3 defenders 5 relief.

I have used counters from WFSF to augment the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just done the 1st of the Operation Market Garden scenarios again very tight only 2 turns left when cleared all hostiles. I had to rush the medic in the relief force forward as 3 of my 8 soldiers had taken 1 wound, 1 two wounds and another used his number was up to get rid of a tank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The second scenario I changed to Frontline from elite as far too difficult. Was able to win on 2nd playthrough.
The 3rd scenario Arnham bridge was a disaster as on turn two an Ambushers appeared and suppressed everyone. Then I drew a German tank as hostile reinforcement, when I had no one to suppress the unit. It promptly did 2 wounds All taking out 6 of my 8 soldiers.
Will reset and play again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is never a happy time when while suppressed a Tank joins the fun on the wrong side... shake

When picking AT weapons - Satchel Charges are additionally useful for their triggered effect. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.