Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew S
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could the French re-inforcements use detach and attach moves to re-arrange their initial set up between themselves before they moved on board?
I couldn't find anything in the rules, but is it assumed they are in different off board locales so you couldn't do this?
Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: Oops totally misread the question laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Richbourg
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
This is Kyoshi, our adopted Shiba Inu.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Reinforcements must use road movement to enter play." and "French reinforcements have to move by road on the first command" kind of argue against that, imho. The question being can the first move end 'off map'; I don't think so. Curious to see other thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kåre Dyvik
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state what you can do with reinforcement units. The only thing you can do before entering the map, is to detach units and have them enter as independent units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob S.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nappeto wrote:
The rules state what you can do with reinforcement units. The only thing you can do before entering the map, is to detach units and have them enter as independent units.

And now that I think of it, I have completely forgotten about bringing in reinforcements as individual units... I've always treated them as part of a corps, and so entered them via a corps command (such as with Davout). Will have to consider how entering individual units may be useful...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Labelle
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooooh! Off board movement question!
A war game classic!
Well, section 6. Setting up the Game, makes it clear that both the Allies and French make up their respected corps beforehand in secret. Remember that in the longer December 1 scenario, the Allies also have off board units waiting to enter as reinforcements. So, this isn't a "French Only" question.
Section 10. Movement, on page 5 under Reinforcements describes using commands to enter play. "They may be detached prior to entry and enter by Unit Move commands."
That's the sentence to look at.
Yes, you can Detach off board...but I see no mention of an Attach command. The rule continues with "and enter".
NT rule of thumb for NT rules: If it ain't there, it ain't there. I would say NO. You cannot detach and attach off board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.