Millennium Blades» Forums » General

Subject: My attempt on reorganizing the game's layout rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allan A.Y.
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mb
After 3+ plays, I thought its time I reorganize the table space for clarity and reduce footprint.

The playmat we had was a large player aid, its functional but bulky for what it does, it also reduces portability of the game because they can't be folded or rolled.

Now with the pretty expansion box that's also embossed, I wanted to travel with that box instead.

So I hit up artscow and quickly made these (Eldrazi horror token for scale) whistle: http://i.imgur.com/Uw9r5Xl.jpg

I think I screwed up the scaling on the market mat, making the space super tight . otherwise this should make the game more enjoyable, can't wait to see these in action
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like you only have 5 spaces in your tableu instead of 6? Great idea though! I'm actually pretty happy with how I got everything into the main box at the moment, but before figuring it out, wondered how I'd be able to take this around in a card box instead. Glad to know someone figured out a way! Also this would make it much easier to see what everyone else is playing/doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan A.Y.
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mb
And I thought I have the last spot open for player tourney power.... whoops shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Hero
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oof.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first thing that jumps out at me is "What if I play Deques?" 2 deck boxes and 3 accesories won't really fit too well on that. I guess you could just cram the cards into the spaces I suppose. But what happens when I also manage to get an extra (7th) space? What if Deques manages that? I know its too late, but for future endeavors, I would suggest making the tableau an area rather than individual spots.

Also, I really like the idea of having all players play on a single mat, but does this get placed in the center of the table? Depending on the size of the table, it might get a little awkward for some players to put cards down. Especially when you consider that the after market mat needs to be out at the same time as well. Or does the mat get passed around the table, in which case I'd really worry about cards being knocked around while passing. I'm guessing its placed in the center, mainly because it would defeat the need for neoprene otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan A.Y.
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the feedback, I am aware of the deques and shur win issue, and decided to ignore it (just like level 99). You would notice that this mat also holds 4 players only, I picked this size because its optimal to fit in the middle of most tables we play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.