Big Tom Casual of Orange Nebula
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm partial to the brain lookin one I think. Though the one that actually looks like a 'world' is pretty evocative too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Krakoff
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Decima is my favorite...The Round Borg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Earth, because it looks like the Sulaco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Secrest
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OHHH, good subject!

EARTH is my favorite by far. It's like Earth cobbled together all their greatest 3rd millennium super skyscrapers together to flee the ruins left after the Znu attack! In general the alien (non Earth) ship's design look more cohesive, due to advanced alien tech is my reasoning. This makes the Earth Worldship design really stand out. They also remind me of the Guild ship from Dune!

DECIMA is easily my runner-up. As has been said, it is very evocative of a 'World'ship for obvious reasons.

ZNU is my distant third place finisher. Like the Earth and Decima Worldships it has a monolithic design that hints at it's true scale. Only problem, it looks a little like a turd and I'm sure it will provide for some lighthearted teasing at the table blush

SREECH and EEHG do not give me the sense of scale that EARTH, DECIMA and ZNU provide. Their design really gives me a sense that they are more along the lines of shuttlecraft! yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point about sense of scale. Earth and Decima definitely feel massive and 'world'like
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Mal: Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us? Zoe: Big damn heroes, sir! Mal: Ain't we just.
mbmbmbmbmb
AccidentalCultist wrote:
OHHH, good subject!

EARTH is my favorite by far. It's like Earth cobbled together all their greatest 3rd millennium super skyscrapers together to flee the ruins left after the Znu attack! In general the alien (non Earth) ship's design look more cohesive, due to advanced alien tech is my reasoning. This makes the Earth Worldship design really stand out. They also remind me of the Guild ship from Dune!

DECIMA is easily my runner-up. As has been said, it is very evocative of a 'World'ship for obvious reasons.

ZNU is my distant third place finisher. Like the Earth and Decima Worldships it has a monolithic design that hints at it's true scale. Only problem, it looks a little like a turd and I'm sure it will provide for some lighthearted teasing at the table blush

SREECH and EEHG do not give me the sense of scale that EARTH, DECIMA and ZNU provide. Their design really gives me a sense that they are more along the lines of shuttlecraft! yuk

Mine is similar, but with DECIMA first, then EARTH, then ZNU, then the others. While the size/scale is similar, the first three "feel" bigger. The remaining SREECH and EEHG ships do feel smaller, or at least not as impressive. I don't really have an issue with the sculpt, I would like to see them both bigger to kind of evoke that scale. Not sure what it is, given the actual measurements will be so close, but DECIMA / EARTH / ZNU just "feel" bigger to me.

All the same, glad to be a backer and looking forward to getting the game!

~Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Mikael Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sreech is my favourite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew McKinney
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't decide between Decima and Earth. I love the big sphere-ness (I feel like there's a word for that) of Decima, but the beautiful lines of the Earth one call to me, too. Alas, neither is in my favorite color: green!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the red one... I think that's the Sreech? It reminds me a lot of Moya from Farscape which is still one my favorite SciFi shows!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll !?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find Earth most appealing followed closely by Decima.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Eehg then Screech for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Earth ship is #1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Secrest
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe an image of the Worldships hasn't been added to the BGG
Empires of the Void II page! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blame the mods that aren't approving the submissions lol there are a lot of images currently not up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the pics they ARE letting through they are classifying as 'creative' and thus they aren't eligible for showing up on the main page.

Ryan has expressed frustration about it in the Kickstarter comments
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe A
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Broodlord is definitely the best one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark B
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Decima one is my favourite and it happens to be in the colour that I normally play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerod S.
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AccidentalCultist wrote:
OHHH, good subject!

EARTH is my favorite by far. It's like Earth cobbled together all their greatest 3rd millennium super skyscrapers together to flee the ruins left after the Znu attack!...

When I saw these for the first time I didn't like the Earth ship. But it has quickly become my favorite for some of the same reasons mentioned here, great perspective by the way!

AccidentalCultist wrote:

...SREECH and EEHG do not give me the sense of scale that EARTH, DECIMA and ZNU provide. Their design really gives me a sense that they are more along the lines of shuttlecraft! yuk

DECIMA although it gives that world ship feel. It is a bit too blah and an overdone design. ie how many death stars can we digest. I'm getting a little full to be honest. Plus to me it looks like a giant whistle. IDK I am just not a fan of the orbs, squares, and triangle space ships. That's just me.

The SREECH and EEHG do look like fighters, and not really large world-class ships. But they are still nice designs.

AccidentalCultist wrote:

ZNU is my distant third place finisher... Only problem, it looks a little like a turd and I'm sure it will provide for some lighthearted teasing at the table blush

YIKES!!! I wouldn't want to pass that thing. Whomever does, probably should take more time chewing.

So my final rank: #1 EARTH, #2 SREECH, #3 EEHG, #4 ZNU, #5 DECIMA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah that Earth description is making me like it more :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Smith
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Earth and Decima, in that order. I'm not too keen on the red cockroach, that would be my least favourite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Kelly
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Is this the real life?
badge
Is it just fantasy?
mbmbmbmbmb
AccidentalCultist wrote:
OHHH, good subject!

In fact, if you are a fan of The Expanse book series (or tv show) you can guess why the Earth ship is shaped as it is.

To create gravity for its occupants, it would need to either

(A) Move at a constant velocity (A=0), but have a core "cylinder" in which people live, that rotates to create constant spin gravity (like in Ringworld) - the Nauvoo.

(B) Move at a constant acceleration (A=9.8m/s/s) and have "down" be towards the engines. Thus the easiest way to accelerate such a ship would be an office block shape (an ugly rectangular box in space).

I don't think the worldship needs to manoeuvre much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Thomas
United States
Jacksonville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Znu -> Earth -> Decima

As mentioned, I really like the scale Decima has, but I can't help but think of a whistle when I see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
White Trash
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CasualToast wrote:

I'm partial to the brain lookin one I think. Though the one that actually looks like a 'world' is pretty evocative too

Decima is my favorite too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.