Tom Roy
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys

I had a question about Collision detector. I saw a list online with an Upsilon using Collision detector but the ship itself didn't have any upgrades that would allow for a boost or a barrel roll.

Is there something that I'm not seeing? Does Collision detector allow you to ignore All obstacle crits for all movements or is this just for when you do a barrel roll or boost onto an obstacle? Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SmashedUp718 wrote:
Hey guys

I had a question about Collision detector. I saw a list online with an Upsilon using Collision detector but the ship itself didn't have any upgrades that would allow for a boost or a barrel roll.

Is there something that I'm not seeing? Does Collision detector allow you to ignore All obstacle crits for all movements or is this just for when you do a barrel roll or boost onto an obstacle? Thanks guys

All crits from obstacles. Collison detector + Debris means stress is the worse effect you can receive. On asteroids with Palp I would change hits to crits for funsies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Roy
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So let's say my upsilon with collision detector and pattern analyzer moves on onto debris. I could do an action and avoid the crit damage then get a stress token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SmashedUp718 wrote:
So let's say my upsilon with collision detector and pattern analyzer moves on onto debris. I could do an action and avoid the crit damage then get a stress token?

I believe so. Assuming the debris itself does not stop actions (unlike asteroids?) and the stress will be applied after you would take your actions you do not need to worry about that.

The crit damage can never be applied, which is awesome in it of itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kr├╝ger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pattern Analyzer: "When executing a maneuver, you may resolve the "Check Pilot Stress" step after the "Perform Action" step (instead of before that step)." Your assumption is correct, the stress is applied after taking the action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's a useful card for any ship with an open system slot you're not filling with something else. Never having to worry about obstacle crits is major.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Roy
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know guys. And 0 cost it seems to be too good to be true. They're probably going to FAQ it to only when Barrel rolling or boosting.

Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cowlishaw
msg tools
I doubt it. It is, ultimately, a pretty minor effect - yes, you can barrel roll onto/across an obstacle, but that's almost always a bad idea (unless you're already on one) and stopping crits is nice but rocks still cause hits and debris still causes stress.

After all, as you noted, it can be equipped to ships which don't have boost or barrel roll; a large base ship like a lambda or upsilon has a bugger of a time trying to avoid obstacles; this is a free upgrade which makes them not as bad.

There are plenty of...if not "good", at least "useful" zero point upgrades you can put in an empty upgrade slot:

~ Adaptability
~ Trick Shot
~ Integrated Astromech
~ Guidance Chips
~ Long Range Scanners
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.