Subject: Monster ability names rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wish the individual monster cards had names like our character ability cards. It would certainly give a little more personality to the monsters. Has anyone done this or thought about it? I feel it's a missed opportunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might have been more difficult to do it for monsters since some of the cards are shared between different monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Hahma wrote:
It might have been more difficult to do it for monsters since some of the cards are shared between different monsters.

I suspect it might be more the case that it would be difficult to come up with 232 different names!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesse, I was thinking the exact same thing lately. Though I don't really think it is a missed opportunity, but it would have been a cool addition.

Same with giving every hero ability card a name for the top and the bottom ability, as someone suggested in a thread I read a long time ago. Would have also been cool.

In the end I am with Chris that I think it might have been too time consuming and difficult to come up with over 230 ability names which are also thematic and in the case of shared decks universal enough.
But yes, I often visualize the monster's action and sometimes even think about a name for it. But don't take me for standard here, I am a guy who also roleplays his solo campaign's characters in his head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've been thinking the same thing, so recently I've been getting very descriptive with describing what the monsters are doing.

For example:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Stone golem is going to not move, and do a ranged attack and suffer two damage?

Aw shit, he's throwing pieces of himself at us this turn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eamon Burke
United States
Rockport
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
alphasquid wrote:
I've been thinking the same thing, so recently I've been getting very descriptive with describing what the monsters are doing.

For example:

Yeah, we aren't RPing very hard, but we are certainly doing some of that, telling little stories to figure out what is going on with the attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3kindsofsalt wrote:
alphasquid wrote:

For example:

Yeah, we aren't RPing very hard, but we are certainly doing some of that, telling little stories to figure out what is going on with the attacks.

Doing the same thing here. Love the system just sometimes a bit tough to tell the story. No worries though. Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.