21 Posts

Wasteland Express Delivery Service» Forums » News

Subject: Eternally window shopping... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gozilla Gozilla
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandasaurus Games' website is a joy for the eye.
They put quite a lot of passion into communicating the work they have been doing for WEDS.

If you go to http://pandasaurusgames.com/category/wasteland-wednesdays-2/
you are treated with a great walkthrough of their work process all nicely illustrated by images of the game art and photos of the components.

The game can be pre-ordered, as far as I understood, exclusively through their online shop.

Pre-ordering stuff is not really my preference, as I usually wait for a game to be available to the public so that I can check reviews, playthroughs, forums and other info before deciding to buy it.

But I liked the art, the components and the prototype gameplay video and I would have made an exception for this one.

Every couple of days I come back to their website, check the news, place WEDS in the cart and linger dangerously over the pre-order button.

What keeps me from preordering is the huge price for the international shipping: from a minimum of about 130USD (USPS) to a max of about 215USD !!!

A side of effect of the grandiosity of the game, which comes also with Game Trayz custom inserts, is that it weights 5.8lbs, which is probably the culprit of the hefty shipping cost.

I imagine I'll have to wait until I win a trip to Texas, or a gentle soul comes to Tokyo with a spare copy, so I can buy it and offer him/her lunch...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireland
Dublin 5
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure where you are based ,but you could try the pre-order on miniature market.I got a good deal including shipping to ireland for $85.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/pan201701.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i want it but it is $120USD (~170CAD) all in to Canada... or i can preorder from a game store here for $75CAD. i know i am going to miss out on cards but the tray is unclear still

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gozilla Gozilla
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool !

Thanks a lot for the info !!!

I just wonder if the pre-order at MM will be identical to the one offered on Pandasaurus Games website, including:

- Game Trayz custom insert;
- Exclusive Event Cards, Faction Missions, Top Secret Addition;

I'll mail MM customer support, and let's see what they say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done the same lingering, but what stills my mouse button is the art. For me, it's a non-starter. I love the designers, theme and game mechanics, but I just can't get past the art.

Fortunately I game with the designers every couple of weeks, so I'm sure there will be a few copies floating around that I'll get to play. I know I'll love playing the game; it's just not one that I need to own due to the art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering last word on this project was back in December with a promise of pictures soon of final components, and a expected 1st qtr delivery date, I would save your money for now. Supposedly it will hit the streets May 15, but that has not been confirmed by the company and still no word on when the preorder people will receive their. Save the money, get interest on it, and buy the game when it finally makes it to retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
godzilla999666 wrote:
Considering last word on this project was back in December with a promise of pictures soon of final components, and a expected 1st qtr delivery date, I would save your money for now. Supposedly it will hit the streets May 15, but that has not been confirmed by the company and still no word on when the preorder people will receive their. Save the money, get interest on it, and buy the game when it finally makes it to retail.

Yesterday, Pandasaurus sent out a tweetstorm (starting here) with photos of a hot-off-the-press production copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
godzilla999666 wrote:

Yesterday, Pandasaurus sent out a tweetstorm (starting here) with photos of a hot-off-the-press production copy.

That's nice. Given how much they were posting here the fact that they stopped and now seem to rely on twitter is just another reason(on an every growing list) not to back this project.
Funny thing is I love the art. I think it's great. The theme seems fantastic as well.
I'm not a fan of one of the designer's work so far(that I have played) and the other two I had to look up. haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gozilla2121 wrote:
I imagine I'll have to wait until I win a trip to Texas, or a gentle soul comes to Tokyo with a spare copy, so I can buy it and offer him/her lunch...

I live in Texas (about 4 hours away from them), and the shipping was still over 20 bucks. Comparatively almost nothing, but still much more than I'm used to, and also what prevented me from pre-ordering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
FreedomGunfire wrote:
godzilla999666 wrote:

That's nice. Given how much they were posting here the fact that they stopped and now seem to rely on twitter is just another reason(on an every growing list) not to back this project.
Funny thing is I love the art. I think it's great. The theme seems fantastic as well.
I'm not a fan of one of the designer's work so far(that I have played) and the other two I had to look up. haha.

And were immediately amazed and stunned by their sheer awesomeness I am sure.

The pictures Dustin referenced above are the production check files - so laser cut not die cut etc - they are worth reviewing but I think that is the main reason they aren't posted to BGG so they are not mistaken for final
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
corkysru wrote:
FreedomGunfire wrote:
godzilla999666 wrote:

And were immediately amazed and stunned by their sheer awesomeness I am sure.

The pictures Dustin referenced above are the production check files - so laser cut not die cut etc - they are worth reviewing but I think that is the main reason they aren't posted to BGG so they are not mistaken for final

So why did they stop their Wednesday postings? Or responding to things in general on this forum? No.. I don't think it's anything as innocent as that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gozilla Gozilla
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Market replied, within just a few hours, and confirmed that their Pre-Order will include all the extras listed in the Pre-Order of Pandasaurus Games.

Game sells for 51.19USD + 34USD international shipping.

I don't think I would be able to get it for much less, in any case.
And should the producer ultimately not deliver, then MM will refund the payment.

I don't know much how fun will be gameplay (I can just guess it will be), but I have a good feeling. And I like the art a lot. Comic book style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they do not have final production copies by now, then there is no way it will releade on May 15, but it seems like pandasuarus is not willing to post here about the game or shut down preorders that i first heard was bring closed last year at end of september. Which is why i preordered back in september

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent DiDaniele
msg tools
So basically, there's literally no advantage to preordering off their website for $79.99? So I should just cancel that and preorder off MM then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vertigo1 wrote:
So basically, there's literally no advantage to preordering off their website for $79.99? So I should just cancel that and preorder off MM then...

Absolutely.
Between their silence here and huge price difference...even I (who always fights for FLGS and the like against online retailers) say do it! I know I will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:

So why did they stop their Wednesday postings? Or responding to things in general on this forum? No.. I don't think it's anything as innocent as that.

The response I received on Twitter is:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djhopscotch wrote:
corkysru wrote:

Kind of a jerk response from the person.
Most people would be using production time for further previews and exposes on various parts of the game to keep up the excitement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent DiDaniele
msg tools
corkysru wrote:
Vertigo1 wrote:

Absolutely.
Between their silence here and huge price difference...even I (who always fights for FLGS and the like against online retailers) say do it! I know I will.

I think I'll do that, I'm just a little hesitant because I REALLY want that Game Trayz insert, and while I realize someone above said that MM replied and stated that the preorder bonuses would be included, in the back of my mind I'm a little worried that they might not be 100% sure what they are talking about and then I'd miss out on some of these:

Game Trayz custom insert for Wasteland Express – A $30 Value
Exclusive Early Adopter Pack
Exclusive Event Cards
Exclusive Faction Missions
Exclusive Top Secret Addition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vertigo1 wrote:
corkysru wrote:
Vertigo1 wrote:

Absolutely.

I think I'll do that, I'm just a little hesitant because I REALLY want that Game Trayz insert, and while I realize someone above said that MM replied and stated that the preorder bonuses would be included, in the back of my mind I'm a little worried that they might not be 100% sure what they are talking about and then I'd miss out on some of these:

Game Trayz custom insert for Wasteland Express – A $30 Value
Exclusive Early Adopter Pack
Exclusive Event Cards
Exclusive Faction Missions
Exclusive Top Secret Addition

Contact their customer support and verify. I did just so I had a personal written record of their promise. I, much like you it seems, am a very paranoid person. lol.

This way I have a customer support rep making me a promise and if they don't deliver it's on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
djhopscotch wrote:
corkysru wrote:

Kind of a jerk response from the person.
Most people would be using production time for further previews and exposes on various parts of the game to keep up the excitement.

I agree that is a big jerk response, they could say when it is estimated to leave production, maybe when it pre-orders might get it, maybe at least appear they care now that they have our money. I know this is my first pandasauraus game, and it is looking like the last.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent DiDaniele
msg tools
I got a similar response back from MM support:

"Hello,
We are being told that we will have the promos that come with the game. If you have any other questions, just let me know."

I still feel a bit uneasy about it, but at this point it seems that I shouldn't be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.