Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched the Boardgamegeek preview and was curious if and how Tom, the Barrow Wights, Gildor and the wandering company, and Old Man Willow would be incorporated into the game? Since they were all surprises to the Hobbits it may cause some difficulties to include them and still have the player be in a position to make the same decisions the Hobbits in the book were in. Does anyone else see this as an issue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beorndog wrote:
I watched the Boardgamegeek preview and was curious if and how Tom, the Barrow Wights, Gildor and the wandering company, and Old Man Willow would be incorporated into the game? Since they were all surprises to the Hobbits it may cause some difficulties to include them and still have the player be in a position to make the same decisions the Hobbits in the book were in. Does anyone else see this as an issue?

I don't think the game is meant to match every single story beat from the book, but I could be wrong. They'll probably come in as something like one-time use special action cards that let you break the rules of the game. I don't see that as a problem at all. I don't need this board game to be a 1:1 reproduction of the book.

Hopefully the designer or somebody who has actually played the game will chime in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colton Crowther
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see a barrow wight in it, even if just mentioned. I agree that the game shouldn't try to recreate the book. I always think of the art in Middle-Earth CCG of the barrow wight. Very creepy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe the game include it. It would be a good idea but the game doesn't need to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
This quote from the preview at the Ares Games site may be the answer to my question.

the Fellowship has a deck of support cards, called the Allies deck; but the Nazgûl also have their own support deck, the Sorcery deck. Sorcery cards require the use of the special dice to be played, as we said before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alejandro velasquez
United States
Houston
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
"lingered in the twilight of our sun and moon but loved best the stars..."
mbmbmbmbmb
did you ever play that game?
it has excellent artwork and I dont' think there's a better game that submerges you into middle earth than that of I.C.E. Shame they couldn't publish it anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colton Crowther
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played the game, though I'm not very experienced. It's great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alejandro velasquez
United States
Houston
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
"lingered in the twilight of our sun and moon but loved best the stars..."
mbmbmbmbmb
worthdot wrote:
I have played the game, though I'm not very experienced. It's great!

It's a great game, indeed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amado Angulo
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These characters are in the game in the form of Allies/Sorcery cards, even Bill the pony!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.