Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Battlefoam insert problems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone post a picture of their insert filled with minis? The pics on the website are not complete and I'm having a hard time fitting all the core minis within the 5 trays of the Conan battlefoam compartments. Do you have to double up? There are only 85 spots for minis and 106 minis.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Update:
Called Battle Foam customer service and the rep did count 85 spots for the minis which is an oversight on their part. Returning the foam back to them expecting them to refund my shipping since it's their fault. The customer service rep said he would ask for that but didn't sound to reassuring.

Do not order this set.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Will Provide Statistics for Data
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Feldherr Conan set. I have it on my to-do list to post a review. I have mixed feelings about it. It does fit all the minis, but not the extras like Yogah. It also doesn't fit in the original box (height). Need another Conan box at this point.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rvrratt wrote:
Update:
Called Battle Foam customer service and the rep did count 85 spots for the minis which is an oversight on their part. Returning the foam back to them expecting them to refund my shipping since it's their fault. The customer service rep said he would ask for that but didn't sound to reassuring.

Do not order this set.

So you Ordered the Core Set or King set?

I thought the retail version comes with a lot less figures...BGG listing shows 74 for retail, but I am at work so cannot check my retail copy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Retail has 106 in it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
flash7713
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to rules pages one, Barbarian pledge has only 74. King has 110.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gmcseph wrote:
According to rules pages one, Barbarian pledge has only 74. King has 110.


My king's pledge is in another box.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rvrratt wrote:
Retail has 106 in it.


gmcseph wrote:
According to rules pages one, Barbarian pledge has only 74. King has 110.


What is causing the disconnect, here?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williamson
United States
Bloomfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rvrratt wrote:
Can anyone post a picture of their insert filled with minis? The pics on the website are not complete and I'm having a hard time fitting all the core minis within the 5 trays of the Conan battlefoam compartments. Do you have to double up? There are only 85 spots for minis and 106 minis.


Did you order the set that fits in the conan box or the PACK case?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
There are two types of core boxes. The King's set has an extra 30 or so minis and comes in a similar box as the retail core set. The stretch goals are another 100 or so minis that come in a separate box.

The battlefoam insert was designed for the normal retail set that doesn't come with the extra minis (just 74 minis)

If you go to the kickstarter there are 3 sections - Core Box (74), Stretch Goals (~100) and Exclusive King's Content (~30).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Grillenberger
msg tools
CyberGarp wrote:
I got the Feldherr Conan set. I have it on my to-do list to post a review. I have mixed feelings about it. It does fit all the minis, but not the extras like Yogah. It also doesn't fit in the original box (height). Need another Conan box at this point.


Also have the Feldherr-Set. Yogah was put in one of the larger Tile-Slot. The only Mini I had to store outside the boxes is the Dragon (have all Mini-Addons). Even the france tiles found their place inside.
The 2 boxes have a height of 3 boxes, but it works fine for me (don't have to transport it).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An Smox
msg tools
the Feldherr foam tray with minis

http://tinyurl.com/gv76gs7
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Feldherr trays and love them! The trays are cut to fill the box while battlefoam are designed to fit their carry bags and leave about a 1-inch gap along one of the short sides. Not to mention the OP's complaint that there are not enough spaces to hold all the mini's. Furthermore, the Feldherr are cheaper than battlefoam even after shipping from Germany. Feldherr is also on Amazon US.

The website clearly shows significant lid lift so this should be expected, and there are 3 different bundles:

- core (2 trays)
- core + king + stretch goals (4 trays)
- core + king + stretch goals + add-ons (I own this 5 tray set)

You can even buy trays separately. So getting trays for core plus add-ons is very doable.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.