Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
Go Sox Go!
badge
Dream car
mbmbmbmbmb
The initial backer wave is coming to an end!
CMON have teased a lot more is on the list of things to unlock. No mention of any content addon buys. But alas they want our money just the same.

Instead of the initial pledge + spending $50-100 in extra addon purchases through a pledge manager, for things such as a 6th clan, monsters, upgraded components, it has become very clear to me the only way we will hit the extended stretch goals will be to pony up in our pledges and give them all that money upfront instead of 2-4 months later when the pledge manager calls for final orders. Things like cross overs for BR, extra copies and stuff I feel CMON doesnt consider necessary for the core game will be added to the addons later.

If we want the core components and extra clans, etc... this is going to require some increased pledges as I don't see the number of backers getting us all the way over 2.4-2.6M where likely some of these stretch goals will lie.
This feels like total contrast to the previous Zombicide KS I have seen where the base game gets a KS exclusive over retail but you had over $150 in EXTRA addons to pick and customize with that were only available through KS. Big success but they didn't get all that capital upfront to maximize the campaign numbers. This subtle change looks like a new wave of campaign thinking for CMON and doing it on such a massive hype train game is a great way to test the will of their fans to spend more then asked for without even being prompted to.

If you spend $200 on your pledge and get the same content as someone who spends $100 is it worth it to you for all the extra stuff? Gut check time!! I think it will come down to that and people will start to feel the pressure of wanting whatever the last few carrots are and will be calling for pledges to be increased based on the amount of value and KS exclusives. Putting that value into spending above purchase price with things only you will get over retail purchase, etc...

(this is mostly rambling over the last 10 mins and my opinion to start a discussion. I could be right, may be wrong.. I know my argument is loose right now.
Source: based on insight from my years of work experience and a hunch.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People are still pledging and there is plenty of time to unlock stuff. Also there will almost certainly be add-ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does someone spending $200 get the same as someone spending $100? I don't follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can pledge as much as you want at a given level. The extra money is meaningless though as you still only get 1 core box.

As for me, hell no. Plus, they've confirmed there will be add ons. Be patient. Don't go out of your way to throw money at things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Gutcher
Canada
flag msg tools
It's what, the second or third day of the campaign? Just sit tight. No way the community in general pays a cent over what is advertised.

22K people backed massive darkness, if RS can reach that then that is 2.2M. And guarenteed some people will be getting multiple copies, and there will be at least one add-on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
You can pledge as much as you want at a given level. The extra money is meaningless though as you still only get 1 core box.

As for me, hell no.

The faq does say you can get 2 core boxes by pledging $200, not sure if there is a cap to that but not really meaningless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

As for me, hell no. Plus, they've confirmed there will be add ons. Be patient. Don't go out of your way to throw money at things.

ERRR no, if you pledge $200 you can get 2 of everything, read the FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
I see, that seems like something that would be in the Pledge Manager then. On Kickstarter itself you can pledge $1,000,000 at the Daimyo pledge level, if you really wanted to. You'd just be donating a lot.

Kickstarter lets you put whatever number above the minimum you want into a given pledge level. What you get will depend on the terms set up by the campaign. In this case it so happens $200 gets you 2 core games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Geery
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
advdino wrote:
It's what, the second or third day of the campaign? Just sit tight. No way the community in general pays a cent over what is advertised.

22K people backed massive darkness, if RS can reach that then that is 2.2M. And guarenteed some people will be getting multiple copies, and there will be at least one add-on.

I would think the numbers for Blood Rage would be more telling of Rising Suns KS potential, but those numbers have been surpassed already. I would think if the trending stalls, or has already, add-ons will come out to get more out of the current number of backers. 20-22k backers does not seem impossible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
mbmb
I put the over/under line on the 13th as when the first paid add-on would be announced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
advdino wrote:

Exactly. And there's already been a lot of stretch goals released in a short amount of time. everyone be patient and things will be revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Gutcher
Canada
flag msg tools
Otherish wrote:
I would think the numbers for Blood Rage would be more telling of Rising Suns KS potential, but those numbers have been surpassed already. I would think if the trending stalls, or has already, add-ons will come out to get more out of the current number of backers. 20-22k backers does not seem impossible.

I have no idea what to expect, but that is CMON's water mark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm expecting some addons. They could add rules for additional clans, more Kami cards, and possibly new board mechanics. When was the last time there were not addons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moedin1 wrote:
it has become very clear to me the only way we will hit the extended stretch goals will be to pony up in our pledges and give them all that money upfront instead of 2-4 months later when the pledge manager calls for final orders.

Tosh.

The final package has been determined well in advance of this ks. This is all marketing. How is it that people don't understand this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
Go Sox Go!
badge
Dream car
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
moedin1 wrote:
it has become very clear to me the only way we will hit the extended stretch goals will be to pony up in our pledges and give them all that money upfront instead of 2-4 months later when the pledge manager calls for final orders.

Tosh.

The final package has been determined well in advance of this ks. This is all marketing. How is it that people don't understand this?

Lets say the KS didn't shut down the website within the first 10 mins and explode to $800K in pledges in an hour, and the game was floating at $500k today because for whatever reason people just didn't buy into the finished product. The campaign finishes at 1.1M, do you still think they would stick to using the same final package content list? I can't agree that no matter what happens its all predetermined no matter what goals they set out to accomplish are hit. I don't mean KS stretch goals but internal profit goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Go ahead and pledge 5 million dollars now, and unlock everything! Then change your pledge back to 100 dollars before the drive ends. At least you'll know what's out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Calongne
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I pledge $110 and there's nothing in the pledge manager for $10 or less, did I just lose donate that $10? That's my only fear about over pledging now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vr4kevykev wrote:
If I pledge $110 and there's nothing in the pledge manager for $10 or less, did I just lose donate that $10? That's my only fear about over pledging now.

I would bet YES you "lose donate" $10, at this point it's all in $100 slices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can apply it to your shipping in the pledge manager.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Woodson
United States
Centerton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
I see, that seems like something that would be in the Pledge Manager then. On Kickstarter itself you can pledge $1,000,000 at the Daimyo pledge level, if you really wanted to. You'd just be donating a lot.

Kickstarter lets you put whatever number above the minimum you want into a given pledge level. What you get will depend on the terms set up by the campaign. In this case it so happens $200 gets you 2 core games.

The way CMON PM works if I am correct is they credit your account with the amount you pledged. You may then order whatever you want with the credit. Then you play the difference through PM. I.E. I pledge $100 and I don't add anything then I would get $100 credit in PM. This would be used to purchase base game. I would then pay for shipping through PM.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
moedin1 wrote:
it has become very clear to me the only way we will hit the extended stretch goals will be to pony up in our pledges and give them all that money upfront

No offense but... you're crazy. This sounds like you've invented some weird underfunding scenario in your mind, but that's not going to happen. This is my twelfth CMON Kickstarter campaign and I've never seen them fail to unlock any stretch goal. It doesn't matter if the funding is sky high, like Z:BP, or much lower, like the original Arcadia Quest or Rum & Bones.

We will unlock everything.

moedin1 wrote:
Lets say the KS didn't shut down the website within the first 10 mins and explode to $800K in pledges in an hour, and the game was floating at $500k today because for whatever reason people just didn't buy into the finished product. The campaign finishes at 1.1M, do you still think they would stick to using the same final package content list?

Blood Rage unlocked everything with less than $1M in funding, as did my two examples above. So yes, I do think Rising Sun would unlock everything even if it hadn't gone haywire from the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
MrMT wrote:

Yes.

CMON already has this game nailed down...the factions, the sculpts, the monsters. The rate that they roll them out as "KS Add On's" depends on how quickly the funding is...or is not...advancing.
If it slows down, they roll them out quicker. If it speeds up, they spread them out.
At the end of the day they will all be there.

Even if this weren't the case, the campaign still has 25 days left to run! I seriously doubt reaching funding goals for releasing add on's will be an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of crazy in this thread. All the money you pledge will be transferred to the kickstarter and used for copies and/or shipping. There will be add ons eventually when funding is stalling. Usually somewhere between 7 days in and 4 days before the kickstarter ends.

There will be a final 48 hour rush that is huge as well. Lots of more stuff to unlock and some add ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
Lots of crazy in this thread...

Not just this thread.
Somebody posted within an hour or so of the KS release that they had canceled their pledge because their were no add on's yet showing for the game.
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Private Blinky
msg tools
For comparison's sake, Rising Sun is running for 28 days, Blood Rage only ran for 14. In Blood Rage, the first add-on (5P exp) was advertised 2 days into the campaign, and the second add-on (Art Book) was advertised 4 days into the campaign.

Plenty of time for add-ons to appear and watch the remaining SGs get run over by the minor percentage of backers who will voluntarily increase their pledge during the campaign, since they will know they want to include the extra content in their pledge (and will have to eventually pay for the items at some point before fulfillment)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.