Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Cicero
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just came across this game on Kickstarter, and I'm very intrigued by it.

It's nice to see a game which can support a wide player count, including solo. I plan to download the rules shortly, to get a better feel for how it works.

One thing I am wondering about, however, is the use of dry erase boards. In my experience, it's rare that they really erase cleanly -- especially if they sit over a multi-day session, which would be likely for me with solo play.

It seems that over time the cards and boards will develop a "dirty" appearance from the build up of residue.

Not a HUGE deal, really, but I have to admit it bothers my aesthetic sense, and the part of me that wants game components to always look like I just unpacked them.

Any thoughs from anyone on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xanthe
United States
Hancock
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes clean off the dirty residue on dry erase boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Mariucci

Wisconsin
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thank you Xanthe!

We do get the same issue over time as well, but it is more the build up on the eraser than anything else. There are several tips and tricks, we generally use the Magic Eraser sponges from Mr. Clean. This product takes all residue off of the player mat without issue, and they can be reused quite a bit too. Works like a charm.

[url=https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=magic+eraser&tbm=shop&*]Magic Eraser[/url]

The erasers on the markers can be cleaned in this way as well, though if you play as many games as we do, at some point you'll need to replace the markers.

Thank you for reaching out and cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Peck
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
paperparachute games! http://games.suspended-chord.info/
mbmbmbmbmb
mariuccij wrote:
Thank you Xanthe!
There are several tips and tricks, we generally use the Magic Eraser sponges from Mr. Clean. This product takes all residue off of the player mat without issue, and they can be reused quite a bit too. Works like a charm.

Ooh, might want to moderate your use of those -- they're microabrasives (basically tiny little bits of glass fused together into a sponge-like material). Over time (or with overzealous erasure), you could probably take the finish off of your components!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Really hoping these boards will be upgraded (possibly through attainable stretch goals) to a dial or other type system to show stats....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.