Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the KS page is changing as new Stretch Goals are added. The new summaries up front of everything being added are great. But the individual SG displays now do not show game play info that was originally posted for first time individual SGs posts.

I know someone summarized all of the additional monster powers in another post on this board, and that's a good thing. I've seen this happen before in the few Kickstarters I've previously backed. But its odd, and a bit problematic. For one design for example, you couldn't have all of the component rules in front of you until the game was delivered (Mare Nostrum Empires).

Wonder what's up with that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game play information is still available in the Updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
the KS page is changing as new Stretch Goals are added. The new summaries up front of everything being added are great. But the individual SG displays now do not show game play info that was originally posted for first time individual SGs posts.

I know someone summarized all of the additional monster powers in another post on this board, and that's a good thing. I've seen this happen before in the few Kickstarters I've previously backed. But its odd, and a bit problematic. For one design for example, you couldn't have all of the component rules in front of you until the game was delivered (Mare Nostrum Empires).

Wonder what's up with that?

Stop interpreting everything as a conspiracy. The updates are all there. This is just as bad as your last thread baiting for some sort of controversy that isn't there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff,

Good point; thanks. Still, it seems a strange way to handle it to me. But I haven't done many of these Kickstarters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny kessel
Netherlands
Breda
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think they do it to keep the page atleast a bit more orderly and more easy to read.
Atleast, that seems logical to me. I mean, compare it to the huge amount of information on the kickstarter of king dom Death... I like orderly more. (though I did back kingdom death)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to do something to manage the length of the page it's going to get ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
At some point they'll probably add links to the stretch goal list that got to the updates that match them. That's the standard way of dealing with it for a CMON run kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hail!
badge
Hail!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a character limit on a KS page. Once they reach the limit, they are forced to constantly change the info as the campaign progresses to keep everything up to date. As has been said, all of the stretch goal and add-on information is maintained on the updates pages. Once the KS is completed, they'll add links to the updates so you can easily find all of the info. Just check out any of CMON's recently ended campaigns to see what I'm talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh Thanks again for the info, guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.