Popular Tags: [View All]
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
Via Japanime Games and Otaku USA: http://otakuusamagazine.com/LatestNews/News1/Sword-Art-Onlin...

Release planned for 'July 2017'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Does make me concerned though that a planned release for a game only 4.5 or so months after a Kickstarter. Either means they've already had most of the actual game content done or think that the process is a lot faster than it is in terms of production. If it's the later (hopefully) wondering why Kickstarter at all in the first place and what the benefit of backers or additional content would be offered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Moore
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Except they did talk about the release of the movie and that this was planned to be released not to far behind.

Seems they are using Kickstarter as a pre-order system... Seems in line with how Queen Games uses it.

I'll wait and see, but my interest is piqued.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like most of the work was done already by Kadokawa who has a very narrow license agreement and the kickstarter is likely just to fund the US release via Arclight and JAG. They say the translations and digital files have been pretty much all approved, so their next step would likely be samples. The kickstarter just went up a few hours ago, narrowing in on their goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.