Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ran Stu
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am confused about the damaged cause by a leak. So I draw a counter with a leak. Now my ship has a leak in the hull. I place a water marker in the Special damage section and next turn place a water damage marker on the damage track. Got all that.

Then I take an action and repair the leak. But the water damage counter stays in the damage track. I could do the pump water action but according to the rules on page 33, it won't repair the leak, thus not removing the counter on the damage track. But under page 29, pumping water action removes the damage counter on the damage track.

So am I right about this. If I get a leak counter, I first have to repair the leak as an action and then as another action have to pump out the water to get rid of the damage track counter?

Can I do this as two actions at the same time or do they have to be done one turn at a time for each of these actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hiesterman
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I wish to kill you, be at rest as to that, but to kill you quietly in a snug, remote place, where you will not be able to boast of your death to anybody
badge
Caught trouser-free in open country...
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of it this way: The Water Damage counter in the Special area represents the hole in the side of your ship. The Water Damage counter on the Damage Track is the effect of the water that has flooded in. They are separate, although inter-related things.

You can use the Repair action to fix the hole. You can use the pump action to pump the water out. Pump the water but not fix the hole, you'll remove the water that is there, but more will flood in. Fix the hole and water stops flooding in but the water in your ship is still there, effecting your ability to fight. You can do them at the same time, or at different times as you see fit (there have been times when I just pumped water because I needed to use my repair action to rig a new mast...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran Stu
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks , that makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.