Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Anachrony» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about building 405, first player and world council spots. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

We've played our first session and few questions arose.

1. Paradox tiles. Building 405 says that just before you get an anomaly you get extra paradox tile. Why? What is the benefit from this building? Also one experiment card (or adventure, I am not sure) gives you as a reward paradox tile).

2. If my evac condition is to have 3 factories can superproject on two factory building spaces count to those three? Or I need to have three factories only and obviously, superprojects must be placed on other, non-factory building spaces

3. First player - If I take right council action and no one gets left council action (2 water) do I become first player?

4. Council action can be used only when all spots below are taken? Or only the desired column? In other words, I would like to build a building but all spaces are already taken, can I take council action or I need to wait until all capital action spaces are taken?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Re: Couple of questions about the rules.
1. We were initially confused by this too, but it means you can get 4 paradox tiles before you get an anomaly.

2. No, superprojects don't count.

3. No.

4. Only the column needs to be full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
1. We were initially confused by this too, but it means you can get 4 paradox tiles before you get an anomaly.

5 paradox tiles if you are playing with the Path of Harmony's B-side player board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AkitaInu wrote:

4. Council action can be used only when all spots below are taken? Or only the desired column? In other words, I would like to build a building but all spaces are already taken, can I take council action or I need to wait until all capital action spaces are taken?

You can take the Council space whenever, even if no action column is filled. You can only then take a Council action if that action column has no spaces in it, but you can choose to take the top spot without doing a Recruit/Research/Construct action if you choose. This might be useful for either making sure you get the First Player marker for next round, or if you're playing with the Guardians of the Council module.

However, as others answered, to take a Recruit/Research/Construct action there, the relevant column must have no spaces free that you could have taken instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dhc3po wrote:
tool wrote:

5 paradox tiles if you are playing with the Path of Harmony's B-side player board.

I thought the benefit with Harmony's B-side is that you could lose a building instead of taking an anomaly... not that you could take an additional paradox before getting the anomaly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
dhc3po wrote:
tool wrote:

I thought the benefit with Harmony's B-side is that you could lose a building instead of taking an anomaly... not that you could take an additional paradox before getting the anomaly.

Yeah, it should be Progress rather than Harmony.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonardQuirm wrote:
nbread wrote:
dhc3po wrote:
tool wrote:

Yeah, it should be Progress rather than Harmony.

Yep you are correct.blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonardQuirm wrote:
AkitaInu wrote:

You can take the Council space whenever, even if no action column is filled. You can only then take a Council action if that action column has no spaces in it, but you can choose to take the top spot without doing a Recruit/Research/Construct action if you choose. This might be useful for either making sure you get the First Player marker for next round, or if you're playing with the Guardians of the Council module.

However, as others answered, to take a Recruit/Research/Construct action there, the relevant column must have no spaces free that you could have taken instead.

You can take the left most 1st Player space when no columns are filled or when a column is filled just to get 1st player. You can't do the same with the right hand space, there must be a full column that you copy an action from. David confirmed that you cannot just block main board action spaces. You really wouldn't want to waste an action though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
AkitaInu wrote:
Hello,

We've played our first session and few questions arose.

1. Paradox tiles. Building 405 says that just before you get an anomaly you get extra paradox tile. Why? What is the benefit from this building? Also one experiment card (or adventure, I am not sure) gives you as a reward paradox tile).

I think you misinterpret the rules, the description for 405 is
Quote:
405: Passive: You can receive 1 additional Paradox before
you receive an Anomaly.

This means where normally player gets an anomaly after collecting 3 paradox tiles, if that player owns this power plant, he / she would get an anomaly when she collect four paradox tiles.

2. If my evac condition is to have 3 factories can superproject on two factory building spaces count to those three? Or I need to have three factories only and obviously, superprojects must be placed on other, non-factory building spaces

Super project and Building are two different types. So when the game mentions Building, SP doesn't include.

3. First player - If I take right council action and no one gets left council action (2 water) do I become first player?

No, this only happened if you are the first player and no one takes the left council action space. As long as there is nobody take the left council action space, the first player doesn't change.

You can place an exosuit in a council action AND take the corresponding action if that action spaces are fully occupied. All action spaces aren't necessary have to be full. But the left one is special, you can take this space even if there's still vacant spaces in the actions spaces, you just don't take the action but take the first player marker instead to secure your turn for next era.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for all replies

As 2, 3 and 4 - I was confirming that because I was not sure

But for first one ... well, I have no idea why I didn't get that Now it is obvious Thank You very much.

S I will have one more question. One experiment card have +2 paradox tiles as a reqard (I hope I remember this correctly) - what might be the benefit from it?

I will try to search this card today, when I get back from work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AkitaInu wrote:
Thank you very much for all replies

As 2, 3 and 4 - I was confirming that because I was not sure

But for first one ... well, I have no idea why I didn't get that Now it is obvious Thank You very much.

S I will have one more question. One experiment card have +2 paradox tiles as a reqard (I hope I remember this correctly) - what might be the benefit from it?

I will try to search this card today, when I get back from work

Nothing. Experiment cards don't have rewards. They have costs. The cost of that one is to gain two paradoxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, could you rename the thread to something more descriptive?

"Questions about building 405 and World Council spots" or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David

Thank you for your answer.

Ok, I am changing the topic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tuzzi
Italy
Milan
Lombardy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Starman54 wrote:

You can take the left most 1st Player space when no columns are filled or when a column is filled just to get 1st player. You can't do the same with the right hand space, there must be a full column that you copy an action from. David confirmed that you cannot just block main board action spaces. You really wouldn't want to waste an action though.

I just wanted to add that if you're playing with the Guardians of the Council module, you can use the right hex space in the World Council board action even if no capital action columns are full. In that case, you do that just to take control of one of the guardians
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.