Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If A attacks B and B reacts with a Fast Attack and both (A and B) get the same results, what happens?

The FAQ says that the results of both attacks are simultaneous. What does that mean? Are A and B hit and take damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRealKid wrote:
If A attacks B and B reacts with a Fast Attack and both (A and B) get the same results, what happens?

The FAQ says that the results of both attacks are simultaneous. What does that mean? Are A and B hit and take damage?

B is the defender and defender wins ties. If A was moving and B reacted with a Fast attack and A dodged, which is all the Active Player can do as a reaction, in this case A would be defending and win a tie.

The new rules are out soon but if you look in the File section there is a detailed sequence of play and I think a draft on one of the recent kickstarter updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
B is the defender and defender wins ties.

Of course one can rule it that way. But in the 'Attack vs. Fast Attack' cases I would handle B as an attacker too. Both attacks are simultaneous, so there is no defender. I would prefer to rule it that both, A and B, have to draw a new CanDo card like to resolve ties during the Initiative Phase ... but that's only my opinion not interpreting the actual rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindon Paxton
msg tools
Or you could take it that both win as a defender and thus both miss. I prefer the original rule that the Attacker gets to attack first and then the Reactive character gets a Fast Attack. Otherwise someone always has to hit even with a CanDo card draw that would not normally allow them to hit at all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.