Subject: [GameNerdz.com] Agricola $39.97 w/Free Shipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Agricola is 39.97 right now on Gamenerdz.com w/free shipping.

http://www.gamenerdz.com/agricola-revised-edition-sale

Amazon: 48.67
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Peterson
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is still my all-time favorite game. And this is a good deal for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pramman wrote:

And how do you feel about the revised edition vs the original Anthony?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Pramman wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Love the original when I played with a friend back in the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Martin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got the Z man version recently due to the larger variety of cards. YMMV in opinions about which is better, but I think if you plan to play the game a lot you should get the Zman. If you care about resource and farmer meeples and won't play it that much get the Mayfair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
donovan loving
United States
Elgin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
So much to play
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin2D wrote:
I got the Z man version recently due to the larger variety of cards. YMMV in opinions about which is better, but I think if you plan to play the game a lot you should get the Zman. If you care about resource and farmer meeples and won't play it that much get the Mayfair.

I have both, and I echo this sentiment - the cool meeples MIGHT get some people into it that might otherwise eschew a moderately heavy (both in gameplay AND mass) game because the rewards seem not worth the time investment. Ultimately, I might just merge the animeeples into the zman and dump the smaller cardset and boring cubes for someone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Peterson
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
majetta04 wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
Pramman wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Love the original when I played with a friend back in the day.

The revised definitely does not have the same depth as the original, but is still just as enjoable to me. What I love about this game is the concept and the mechanics, not to mention the ever present need/desire to do more than you are physically able (even if you have all 5 of your farmers). To me, this is where the greatness lies and it is still present in the revised edition.

However, the player discs and the cube animals of the original give me a nostalgia that makes me still really love the original (but I may be the exception here, I'd imagine most people would prefer the meeples/animeeples).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Lockhart
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want to jump on this but I've been holding for the "expert" or "collectors" edition (whatever they are calling it) that's supposed to vastly increase the card count.

Anyone heard of development on that recently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
v1pe wrote:
I really want to jump on this but I've been holding for the "expert" or "collectors" edition (whatever they are calling it) that's supposed to vastly increase the card count.

Anyone heard of development on that recently?

It was confirmed that it won't be released in 2017. That's pretty much the last I've heard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.