Millennium Blades» Forums » General

Subject: Where is SOLO Mode? Core or Expansion? and is it official? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I passed MB over originally thinking it was a multi-player only as it lists as 2-5p.

Now I see people talking about Pure Co-op AND Solo Play, as Official modes.

Is Solo available Out-of-the-Box in the Base Game ? Or is it through the Set Rotation Expansion?

Anyone chime on on how the game is from a Solo-Only challenge (if co-op is just playing 2 characters, that's cool too if not too fidgety)?

Many thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a coop mode in the Set Rotation expansion. Apparently (I think) you can play it pretty much as is solo, but I don't think it mentions Solo in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.
I'm reading about vsBosses in co-op in one set, co-op character cards being in another etc... very confusing. And solo, I thought was a mode, but one person said it's the Co-op with 1 character with pretty much the same rules.

I'm completely new to this universe of game, so I'm trying to figure out, as a Solo-only guy (or 2 characters coop by one player), how to get into this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not called solo, but Co Ok plays 1+ as the points scale per player.

It is in Set Rotation, so you need Base + Expansion to officially play this 1 player
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm reading about vsBosses in co-op in one set, co-op character cards being in another etc... very confusing

Yeah, this is a challenge specific to Millennium Blades -- The game emulates being a high-level CCG player. So there are in-game-"sets" of cards (each set about 12 cards). In a given game, you use only so many "sets" out of the many there are. So when people say that co-op bosses are in one set, they're really talking about in-game-"sets" rather than sets you can buy in real life (unless as part of the Millennium Blades Base Game or Set Rotation expansion).

There are currently only seven products in the Millennium Blades line

Base Game
Set Rotation
Expansion Packs 1-5

To play solo you need Base Game and Set Rotation. Personally, I think solo play is a lot of fun. But multiplayer is hands down even better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.