Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I am getting my copy of the game today and saw a video that seemed to have a rule wrong but now I'm not sure.

When the start player draws a gold die do they get a gold coin or when a player selects a gold die do they get a gold coin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever you choose to place a gold die you get 2 gold. Whenever you place ANY die in the last slot for a stat, you get 1 gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sancmat wrote:
When the start player draws a gold die do they get a gold coin or when a player selects a gold die do they get a gold coin.
The player that selects the gold die gets 2 coins, not the player that draws from the bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Korfmann
United States
Wilson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the designer (per his solo play video) you do get two gold for each gold die you draw from the bag at the beginning of the game. I have not read the rules, but that's what he did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ckorfmann wrote:
According to the designer (per his solo play video) you do get two gold for each gold die you draw from the bag at the beginning of the game. I have not read the rules, but that's what he did.

I see that in the rules. after these comments and rereading the rules I think they just confused the beginning of the game with the full game play.

Thanks everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
Nighteyes77 wrote:
I just played this that if you draw any gold die from the bag in your initial six die draw, you get 2 gold per gold dice. This is the way I read the rules. Moving forward, you would get 2 gold per gold dice placed on your player sheet.

Is this accurate?

Yes, that is correct.

You also get 1 gold each time you place a die of any color during setup or from an initiative card in the rightmost column on your player board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Van Valkenburg
United States
Phillipsburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have always house ruled it where you get 1 gold coin from any gold dice pulled from the bag. That's not the official rule of course, but we just liked that it added a little to the pulling of dice from the bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kellian1 wrote:
We have always house ruled it where you get 1 gold coin from any coin pulled from the bag. That's not the official rule of course, but we just liked that it added a little to the pulling of dice from the bag.

Funny. I was just about to come on and post that the video creator had told me that. I assume you are the video creator since that is almost exactly what they said to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Van Valkenburg
United States
Phillipsburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah that's me

so yeah just a little house rule to give pulling the dice mean a little something extra

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Greenberg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you just look at it from the specifics of the rule: You get two gold any time you PLACE a yellow die, the rule is very consistent.

At the begining of the game you draw dice and PLACE them. Therefore you get two gold.

During the game, you draft a die and PLACE it. Therefore you get two gold.

Struggled with this for a couple minutes on our first play through, but the wording on the specifc rule is actually pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katina Choovanski
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
aka KabukiKid on Youtube. Yeah, I have a few online aliases. heh ;-)
mbmbmbmbmb
kellian1 wrote:
We have always house ruled it where you get 1 gold coin from any gold dice pulled from the bag. That's not the official rule of course, but we just liked that it added a little to the pulling of dice from the bag.

I'd recommend adding an annotation to the video to inform of the use of the house rule, since it is obviously already causing some confusion. heh ;-)

~Kat ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.